CCSVI- just the facts, ma'am

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I believe Gibbeldygook is a female Alex
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

whyRwehere

Oops - sorry if I have offended anyone!
Nigel
layniesmom

Post by layniesmom »

This is documentary will be on Canada's CTV channel and available for viewing afterward free of charge worldwide on their website. Here's a preview of tonight's documentary regarding Dr. Zamboni and his discoveries linking CCSVI to MS http://watch.ctv.ca/news/top-picks/w5-p ... clip237767
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

layniesmom

Thanks for the link. A friend of mine had alerted me to this broadcast. I think that it is excellent - a very balanced, professional report. I could feel my anger rising at the complacency of the majority of neurologists who are ignorant of this development and appear to be complacent of these events. After all - they don't have to suffer the illess or the life changing problems that go with the condition. I celebrated the video by opening a good bottle of wine!
Nigel
radeck
Family Elder

Post by radeck »

Last edited by radeck on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

radeck

Of course you are right. A momentary loss. The world already looks better after a thimble of wine. I can no longer drink much these days! :D
Nigel
kteach0

ppms

Post by kteach0 »

Does anyone know if this new development also helps people with ppms? not just rrms?
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: ppms

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

kteach0 wrote:Does anyone know if this new development also helps people with ppms? not just rrms?
Yes, it also helps to PPMS and SPMS as well.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
radeck
Family Elder

Post by radeck »

It should help also those with PPMS, and indeed there's some evidence from a small number Zamboni has treated. Recovery takes longer, they say 18 months on average before first signs are seen. The main difference between PPMS and RR/SPMS is that the azygos vein, draining the spine, is more dysfunctional in PPMS. This also explains why PPMSers progress faster on average than others, because the azygos vein matters 24 hours, while the jugular veins matter most while one is laying flat (the "supine" position, i.e. around 8 hours/day for most people), and not much during the day. We have a few PPMSers on here. Look in the "CCSVI TRACKING" thread that's permanently in the top of the list of threads.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Radeck,

What's not clear to me in your post:

.... Recovery takes longer, they say 18 months on average before first signs are seen. The main difference between PPMS and RR/SPMS is that the azygos vein, draining the spine, is more dysfunctional in PPMS. This also explains why PPMSers progress faster on average than others,....

Longer <> faster???

Or do you mean progress in the sense of MS-symptoms???

Regards,

Rob
Dovechick
Family Elder

Longer faster

Post by Dovechick »

People with PPMS progress faster with the disease. It takes longer for them to recover after the procedure because of the site of the stenosis in the azygos vein.
radeck
Family Elder

Post by radeck »

Yes Rob, by faster progression I mean that they get more disability faster. Recovery time in general seems to be longer.
EnjoyingTheRide
Family Member

Post by EnjoyingTheRide »

In the CTV interviews of Dr. Zamboni he started talking about PPMS, then said "not all PPMS stenosis can be repaired" or something like that, and then he never finished that thought. Anyone know what he meant by that?
Mitch
Please visit my blog at www.enjoyingtheride.com
Mikkysgl

Post by Mikkysgl »

This is so exciting! I am late to this game, and WOW! How can I watch the documentary on-line? and where is Dr Dake in Stanford related to this? I am in California and am raising my hand- test me test me!
So many questions - I know, and am hopeful a helpful reader will point me in the right direction
THANK YOU AGAIN over and over
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Mikkysgal... Read through the thread "Canadian Documentary". It should be on the first page of this board. There are links there to the documentary. You can click on these links and go straight to the CTV M5 page to the documentary "The Liberation Procedure". Welcome !!!!