Community T-shirts?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Would you be interested in donating to the site in exchange for a This is MS t-shirt?

Yes, I'd be willing to donate up to $10
20%
Yes, I'd be willing to donate up to $20
48%
Yes, I'd be willing to donate up to $30
20%
No, let's do something else as a fundraiser
12%

Total votes: 81

Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Community T-shirts?

Post by Arron »

Flush with joy at reaching the 1000 member mark, we are redoubling our efforts to make this the greatest resource for the Multiple Sclerosis community, with the specific mission of bringing the world of cutting-edge research (and the hope that is inherently embodied in such research) to the masses.

We have two issues to face:

1) How to get the word out
2) How to afford our rising costs, since we do not accept pharmaceutical sponsorships

One simple thing that would accomplish both those goals is providing "This is MS" t-shirts in exchange for a donation. We've had a number of people request this, because in particular, our community's name is VERY appropriate for a T-shirt.

Let me explain: If you are affected by MS in some way, imagine walking down the street and wearing a shirt that says "This is MS"-- you're letting people know that the MS affects all kinds of people, just like you. Hope that makes sense :)

BUT we have made a great effort to make this a classy site, and this time-honored method of fundraising could be viewed as tacky. So we want to make sure we have your support before we go do this AND that the donation amount requested is reasonable (we of course would make exceptions for people in financial hardship). So please let us know-- would you be interested in a community T-shirt, and if yes, how much would you be willing to donate to the site in exchange for the shirt?

Thanks!
-a
Last edited by Arron on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolsue
Family Elder

Post by carolsue »

I'd definitely buy a black "This is MS" t-shirt if it was in the same font as "this is spinal tap." that would be way cool. Not sure where you'd put the umlaut, though :wink:

[/b]
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

you've exposed the namesake of the site! :)

and that IS a cool idea...
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Great idea Arron, but I am a bit fussy about what I wear, both in colour/color and design. Have you got anything in mind?

Chris P :D
Niko
Family Elder

Post by Niko »

I love t-shirts! I'm the classic t-shirt/jeans/sneakers lady.

I also love black t-shirts. I vote black. Most of the group/cause related shirts are usually white and not all that exciting.

Cool! 8)

Niko
"Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry." -- Robert Heinlein
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Hey Aaron,

Count me in!! I think the T-shirt idea is great! :idea: And like Niko, I am a t-shirt and jeans gal too! I vote for Black! It goes with everything!

The cost should be kept reasonable as it will attract more people to buy.

Will there be a membership discount?
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Great idea, Aaron!

Post by CCmom »

I think that is a great idea. What can I do to help?

Is it too much to have 2 colors to choose from so that everyone has a choice, or are we trying to keep it simple?

Just let me know what you need from me and where to send the donation!

Kim
Kim R.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Wow, thanks for the great responses so far (keep 'em coming!)... mscaregiver (Philip) has graciously offered to help us design the shirts. I think they're going to look very cool.

Kim, we'll try and do them in different colors, but we need to work out costs from a t-shirt supplier first and make sure it is reasonable.
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Post by CCmom »

Doesn't matter, Aaron. I'm in no matter what color they are. My theory on the black is that there are so many black t-shirts that the message might not get the attention it deserves??? I just think it's a great idea, period, and I'll order one even if they are green with pink polka dots!

Have a great week, and keep us posted!

Kim
Kim R.
mscaregiver
Volunteer Moderator

Post by mscaregiver »

Arron is thinking over the design concepts and once he has all the info needed, I will do some samples and post the pictures here so everyone can look them over see what they like..
Outlawbiker
Family Member

Post by Outlawbiker »

$20 for t-shirts and maybe $30 for sweatshirts?

Just a suggestion. I'd also like to see a cool bumper sticker or Window sticker. (NO MAGNETIC RIBBONS PLEASE! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo burned out on those stupid things!) :roll:
Dx RRMS 10/2000

Avonex-2000-2002
Rebif- 2002-present
Provigil- 2001-present
Baclofen- 2000-present
Lipitor(statin)-2002-present
Celexa
relapses since 2000------ZERO!!!!!
2gentle
Family Member

TeeShirts, Colors, and Cost..

Post by 2gentle »

I would love a blk tee, with the logo on it...can't wait to see the pics, when you get it together...

Take care......
Every journey begins with a single step...Diane
BeckyLA
Getting to Know You...

Post by BeckyLA »

I'm completely on board with the T-shirt idea. I think everyone in my family needs one :). I'm with the "colors are good" philosophy. Bumper stickers would be neat too.
Toyegirl57

T-Shirts

Post by Toyegirl57 »

I am a newbie and just read the post about the t-shirts. Where are you on this? My son-in-law owns a screen printing business and I know he would give a nice break on the cost.....

Carol :D
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

that's where we were stuck (high cost)... thanks, i'll get in touch with you!
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.

Return to “General Discussion”