I nearly missed it ...

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
JFH
Family Elder

I nearly missed it ...

Post by JFH »

MS Week: 10th - 17th April 2005
Yes this week is MS Week in the UK. I'm not housebound, I do watch the TV, listen to the radio, read newspapers and the net but I've seen doodley-squat of this anywhere except on the UK MS Soc website. http://www.mssociety.org.uk/get_involve ... index.html

I gave a pluadit today to the MS Soc (http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... pic&t=1091) but the MS Week initiative seems to me to be pathetic. Anyone else from the UK noticed it?
John
I am what I am
liane

Post by liane »

I didn't know that either. :roll:

I'm in the uk too and have seen nothing at all.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Nope, and I don't exactly walk round with my eyes closed! 8)

Sarah
Scaggs
Getting to Know You...

Post by Scaggs »

SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Well, I didn't find this exactly illuminating and it was pretty much what they used last year. The photograph didn't look like a typical person with MS either.

Sarah :(
gibbledygook
Family Elder

MS Society is seeking Trustees

Post by gibbledygook »

The MS Society is currently seeking Trustees. I intend to apply and stick my oar in. I have already done a little work with people at the society and my first impression although very minor was that it is a large bureaucracy without a good sense of what is effective and efficient. However that is my first impression only.

Make a difference and apply!
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

GG

PM me and we'll talk about nominations.

I'm out of the country till early next week but will reply on my return.
John
I am what I am
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

If only MS really was just for a week!

Post by TwistedHelix »

No, I didn't know it was MS week, either, which is bizarre as it's always referred to as the most common neurological condition. Have you noticed how, whenever there's a news item about some advance in general CNS repair, they always, always, ALWAYS mention Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, never MS.
My doctor never told me MS could make me invisible, if he had, I'd have robbed a bank! :)
deehammer
Getting to Know You...

Post by deehammer »

Yeah, I did notice that Twisted! Crazy, huh. Did you also notice that for as long as ms has been around, it is only in recent years that I have heard more about it. My cousin has had it for 30 years and when she was dxed, noone knew what it was in my family. I think that is has something to do with Montel, Richard Pryor, David Lander, and Anette having it. Just talking out my rear. Insomnia, what a drug!
Dena

Return to “General Discussion”