Radio interview on CFRA with Dr. Mark Haacke

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Radio interview on CFRA with Dr. Mark Haacke

Post by cheerleader »

MSliberation.ca raised $40,000 in one week to help Dr. Haacke get his MS imaging protocol and study at McMaster University/Canada....nice work, Canada

http://msliberation.ca/MS_Liberation_Group/Welcome.html

Here's the interview-

http://www.cfra.com/chum_audio/Mark_Haacke_Jan05.mp3

Some misinformation from the interviewer (what else is new?) but Dr. Haacke is on point-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

So wondeful! I had happy tears in my eyes listening to Dr. Haacke. I am so grateful to him for doing this work:)
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
youbetcha
Family Member

Post by youbetcha »

Thank you for posting that cheer!

I was unaware that msliberation.ca existed. I will now make a donation and forward the link to family and friends so they too can donate.

This is all very exciting!
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

i just listened to the clip and honestly everytime i read or hear of the how this is spreading like wild fire my eyes water. i am in ottawa myself, where the skeptic dr freedman resides and will start praying one of the two universities here start trials\research.....
STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms
Mechanicallyinclined
Family Elder

Post by Mechanicallyinclined »

I just donated also. I challenge anyone who lookes at this page to do so as well. Big or small makes no difference. I'm tired of sitting on my hands here. We can sit and hope or we can help out.
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

Fantastic!!! So glad for Doctors like Dr. Haacke!!!
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Cheer, could you clarify Dr Haake's comment about Zamboni having a 30% success rate? This is the first time I have heard such a low number...I assume I may have misunderstood. Thanks for all of your tireless work. Take care, Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Brynn wrote:Cheer, could you clarify Dr Haake's comment about Zamboni having a 30% success rate? This is the first time I have heard such a low number...I assume I may have misunderstood. Thanks for all of your tireless work. Take care, Brynn
THat wasn't from Dr. Haacke, that was the interviewer, and I have no idea where that came from. I think there might have been a quote floating around from Dr. Haacke that even if this only helped 30% of the patients, it should still be researched...but that's not any sort of scientific number. Dr. Zamboni's site has 90% of MS patients are diagnosed with CCSVI. The treatment numbers are for the future...
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Sound good! That number seemed awfully out of left field. Thanks! :D Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

I think there might have been a quote floating around from Dr. Haacke that even if this only helped 30% of the patients, it should still be researched...but that's not any sort of scientific number. Dr. Zamboni's site has 90% of MS patients are diagnosed with CCSVI. The treatment numbers are for the future...
Yes, at the Winnipeg "information" session (and all the establishment responses seem to be using the same playbook, including the bogus "at least one death" line), Dr Cossoy quoted that number from the CTV interview and suggested that it might mean Haacke's early results were only finding CCSVI in 30% of MS patients.

Whereas it seemed to me when I watched the program

a) that as cheer says, Haacke was talking about chances future treatment success, not his findings of prevalence
and
b) that even then he was clearly using a low-balled number specifically to make a point:

that *even if* it could *only* help 30% of MS patients, CCSVI would still be a tremendously important advance that should be moved along as quickly as possible.

of course I’m not a neurologist or anything clever like that*

-d

*but at least I understand Occam's razor
DizzyLiz
Family Member

Post by DizzyLiz »

Update on Dr. Haacke and MSliberation.ca.

He is speaking with more msliberation members (and other interested people) in Toronto on Jan 14th.
The MSLiberation Group consists of MSers, family members and researchers, technicians and doctors! They are actively working to "kick start" the research, instead of waiting for MS society and Government money.

There will be more announcements on their site over the next while, so join and donate and check the site out. I believe, with more donations, more locations will be able to join the study and earlier study results will move things along faster.