With Respect Given to all Faiths

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
VirtuallyFine
Family Member

With Respect Given to all Faiths

Post by VirtuallyFine »

Happy Easter to all. If you are of the Christian faith, today means, above all other things, HOPE. Many other faiths have similar special events, days, and deities, however I only know my own beliefs intimately enough to post on this day - and today in my faith, I am celebrating HOPE.

Spring is such a wonderful time when you live in Canada, I look outside (I can finally open a window or two during the day at least!) and see trees budding, the grass is getting greener, flowers are poking out of the ground, the Robins are back (my angels), and it is lambing (among other animals) season. Anyone who has looked at or held a newborn lamb, touched their warm fuzzy bodies and watched them leap around cannot help but feel joy and excitement about life.

I cannot think of a better time (at least in Canada) to ask people to get out there, go outside, and experience nature again (in a comfortable climate). Next weekend in Canada is the “Super Cities Walk for MS”, a major fundraiser for client services and MS research. If you are in Canada and if you are mobile – get out there and experience the hope of spring. If you can’t (for whatever reason), tell others about it, inspire them with your HOPE, sponsor them in their walk for us - with encouragement and thanks – the best things to give especially when so many MSers are tapped out financially.

It is no wonder that Alexander Pope combined these words, HOPE and SPRING, in his Essay on Man:
What future bliss, he gives not thee to know,
But gives that Hope to be thy blessing now.
Hope springs eternal in the human breast:
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
Alexander Pope,
An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733
http://www.whitworth.edu/Academic/Depar ... r_pope.htm

…and why David Atkinson (ALS SURVIVOR, yes, survivor) titled his book the same.

“Hope Springs Eternal, Surviving a Chronic Illness: A True Story by David Atkinson”
http://www.baar.com/atk_book.htm

HOPE SPRINGS ENTERNAL. HAPPY EASTER. JOYOUS SPRING.

Love & Peace,
VF.
< March 20, 2004 = I want my life back *sigh*
> March 20, 2004 = ...day one on alertec = getting my life back? *grin*
dawny
Family Member

Post by dawny »

VF and everyone else,

Hope everyone had a relaxing easter!

Happy Easter!

Dawn
Shayk
Family Elder

Post by Shayk »

VF, Dawn and all others!

Hope does spring eternal. I am trying to be ever optimistic, even tho here in the sunny south it was cold and rained today, but a good Easter it was. :)

Take care

Sharon

Return to “Mental & Spiritual Health”