Vascular surgeon, etc

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Cheer, I didn't in any way mean to imply things weren't moving fast enough!! The way my head's spinning, I think I've lost track of time as it is. You've been tremendous from the very beginning, and I so appreciate ANYTHING you can do. If I can help at all in any way, please just let me know. Like I said, I'm barely an hour away from Yale, and if you need something delivered there or need any legwork done, I'm your girl. I can't even imagine how much time you've put into this entire topic, and I can't thank you enough for your efforts, for me and for all of us.
N
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Last edited by chrishasms on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

I finally connected with someone at University Hospital here in Denver - Dr. Robert Eckel. I have not spoken with him personally but was told he would be interested in seeing the research. Zamboni's report was sent to Eckel late yesterday..... now I will wait for a response

My understanding is Eckel was just recently named head of the cardio-vascular department
Sharon
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

pamella

Post by pamella »

In response to the inquiry about Dr. Raju and Dr. Neglen.
These doctors have been placing venous stents in the iliac veins for a very long time. I have worked with them for seventeen years. Dr. Raju has expressed interest in this study and the procedure. Dr. Raju lead the surgical team in the first heart-lung transplant in Mississippi back in the late 60's/early 70's. They are both well known in the vascular world nationally and internationally. If you "google" them you can read more in depth. As you know, this is considered an experimental procedure and here in the states it is just in the "embryo" stage. I will keep an update on this forum as it is given to me.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Hi pamella,

Your post about these two doctors is very interesting. If there are any doctors anywhere willing to test MS patients for CCSVI we certainly want to know about them. If you have any information to share with us please tell us what specifically Dr Raju and Dr Neglan would like to do. If they would like to help with diagnosing MS patients for CCSVI that would be great. Or if they want to get involved with helping perfect the angioplasty or stenting procedures for CCSVI that would be great also. If you could give us some more details about what their interest is it would help.

ozarkcanoer
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Pamella, are these two doctors in touch with Dr. Dake, Dr. Haake, or Dr. Zamboni? Contact information is likely in the Who's Who in CCSVI sticky.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
pamella

Post by pamella »

Yes. Dr. Raju is also a personal friend of Dr. Zamboni. As a matter of a fact, Dr. Raju had just returned home from a visit with him when he approached me about the study. I am a registered vascular technologist and the chief vascular technologist where Dr. Raju works and have seventeen years of experience in ultrasound. He along with a neurologist here have been sending patients to me for an ultrasound of the intracranial veins as well as the juglar veins. I follow the procedure that Dr. Zamboni has outlined in his study. As someone else here has already mentioned, a lot of vascular technologist scan the juglar veins on a regular basis for the purpose of ruling out a blood clot. There are not a whole lot of technologist that scan the intracranial arteries let along the intracranial veins. The scanning of the intracranial veins should definitely be done by a registered vascular technologist with lots of experience in transcranial doppler and a heart and desire to help with the validation of what Dr. Zamboni has already seen with the research that he has done. I can tell you that as a vasular technologist that scans venous patients everyday for chronic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities, (which requires the patient to be standing the whole time) it is very taxing physically to scan a patient in an upright position. That is why I say that a technologist must have the heart and desire as well as skill. Essentially, Dr. Zamboni is to CCSVI what Dr. Raju is to CVI. They are both pioneers in their fields and have brought the world of CVI and now CCSVI to us as we know it and are beginning to know it.