acupuncture

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
rob257

acupuncture

Post by rob257 »

has anyone here tried it to get relief from symptoms? is so what were the results?
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

My wife, who has a mild case of ms, had done about 6 acupuncture treatments. She found that her leg felt slightly stronger after some of the treatments, but there was no long lasting benefits. Perhaps if she continued going it may have had more benefit. She has stopped going, at least for now, as she is going for a CCSVI procedure soon. I've read several accounts of people who have done very well with acupuncture, so if you can afford the treatments (insurance probably won't cover it), by all means give it a try.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I am living in China for the last 21 years. When I was diagnosed with SPMS I have seen all the best acupuncturists and all the best Chinese traditional Medicine Doctors around... Up to Beijing...

None and nothing did help me.

But each of us are different :)

Good luck and be well
Absentee
Family Member

Post by Absentee »

I've been going 3 to 4 times a month for the past 12 months or so. I also do the traditional herbs as prescribed by my practitioner (2x a day). I have to say I find it very helpful - the more I go, the more it helps. Our condition is a harsh one, so any change is incremental which is why the herbs are very important to maintain and help between treatments.

All that said, it is expensive ( probably 4K$ over the past year alone). But, I would not keep going and spending that kind of non-reimbursable cash if it was not helping. I especially felt positive change with respect to my vision problems.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

I tried acupuncture weekly for about 4 months. It was of no use with my disabled leg and I actually felt worse afterwards. I later tried a Chinese herbal practictioner with very good and interesting results. The herbs of most importance were salvia miltiorrhiza and ginkgo biloba.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ginkgo is awesome for blood flow. i don't take it any more but when i did, i found it helped me think more clearly. i don't have the problems i had back then but if i did find myself unable to concentrate i would probably buy more ginkgo.

sorry i have never explored acupunture.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
rob257

Post by rob257 »

I have had 3 treatments (once a week). I feel a little better right after it's done but it has been minimal. I am going to a chiropractor and they told me to give it 6 weeks which I am going to do.
emess2
Getting to Know You...

Post by emess2 »

My chiropractor is also an acupuncturist and I've been getting both treatments from him for three years. I went twice a week for the first 11 months and then weekly since then. The acupuncture portion is solely to increase circulation in the upper spine and brain.

I had been diagnosed 8 years before I started seeing him. In those eight years, I had gone from a very active, fully able-bodied life to being in a wheelchair full-time. I had perhaps 10% use of my right arm and 50% of my left. I could no longer take a step forward but could stand up and was able to move my feet backward a bit and could rotate in one direction. Thus, I was still managing my own transfers.

It may be coincidence, but since then I have not progressed any further. When the information about CCSVI came to my attention, I wondered if the effort that he pays to my circulation is responsible for holding me steady. Who knows?

However, I will continue to see him. When I started, I just wanted to keep my skeleton supple, as I had very little else left, and I thought it was important to protect my frame in case the opportunity to heal ever arose. The acupuncture was his idea - increasing circulation to a damaged area of the body is standard treatment in Chinese medicine.

So this is my experience - it has certainly done me no harm, and I believe that it may have helped stay the course. By the way, I had followed neurological advice and taken Rebif until they pulled me off it. I also did two sessions of chemo (mitoxantrone) to no avail. The neurologist also refused my request for LDN when everything else had failed, but I recently got a prescription from my GP. Needless to say, I found the chiropractor without assistance from the neurologist.
eowc
Family Elder

"He Gu" Acupoint/ Needle-free Acupuncture Cure For Blepahros

Post by eowc »

rob257 wrote:has anyone here tried it to get relief from symptoms? is so what were the results?

I had been suffering from this annoying symptom of chronic Blepharospasm / rapid involuntary eyelid twitching / eye blinking before ( one of the key symptoms of Tardive Dyskinesia ) a couple of years ago for about 2 years and having had tried and exhausted almost all the medical treatments from the formal western medications, they all just turned out to be totally futile and produced no results at all. And in the end, this particular simple needle-free acupuncture / acupressure cure / technique involving "He Gu" acupoint - Diagram: http://curezone.com/upload/Art/Animatio ... t_File.gif as instructed to me by my acupuncturist (as my skins are extremely sensitive to needle-piercings) just turned out to be immediately effective and then progressively got my chronic eyelid twitching / eye blinking disorders better and better from one day to another until eventually a few months later, I just got 100 % totally cured and healed once and for all without getting any relapse of such disorder at all for more than 7 years till now. And maybe the weblinks below elaborating on the related details will turn out to be relevant and useful to the others having the like-problems.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/post175100.html#p175100 - Needle-free Acupuncture / Acupressure Cure For Chronic Blepharospasm / Eye Twitching / Blinking Disorders ?
eowc
Family Elder

Giving healthcares - To save lives ? For money ?

Post by eowc »

Giving healthcares - To save lives ? For money ?

Well then & anyway, what is the main, primary & undisputed purpose of giving and providing health cares to the ones needing them in the first place ? To save lives or solely for money-making alone ? By the way, anyone would certainly agree that the very fundamental and basic concepts of giving health cares are always indispensably inseparable, inalienable, and in tandem with all the inherently first & foremost humane principles of humanities ,humanitarianism and the very unquestionably primary priority of saving lives.

Next, in conjunction with the points made above, kindly consider the following quotations :

Quote:

"I think Actually these persons distributed nearly the identical sore know-how as me from such debilitating sickness and for your data, there were numerous of them who were not so well-to-do, and therefore they could not pay for such costly health accounts of glimpsing the health experts or to get Botox injections / surgical remedy to deal with their non-stop eyelid-twitching problems. Therefore, when I suggested such an acupuncture method to them, I did it out of benevolent humanity, understanding and compassion, and express gratitude God that it worked on each and every individual of them."

- which are excerpted from the webpages as follows :

http://www.drugs.com/forum/alternative- ... 571-2.html (Please refer to post no.49)

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1874624 (Kindly Support These Charity & Humanitarian Causes)

Well, in respect of the bold characters of the remark highlighted above, naturally and rationally all the kind and benevolent persons would earnestly hope that the doctors of the modern medical world today will eventually come to realize one day that practicing medicine is simply, mainly and definitely not about profiteering and money-making alone. Anyway, as human beings ourselves, the principles of humanitarian concepts, humanity, conscience etc, well, they simply should not be ignored or deliberately compromised for the sake of money-making especially when it comes to the issue of medical conscience of the doctors practicing medicines of which its key, primary & undisputed purpose is mostly about saving human lives rather than making money to enrich themselves.

Further Information :

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1233341 (Free-of-Charge, Simple, Self-administered, Needle-free, Painless & Harmless Acupuncture / Acupressure Cure Meant For Speedy Relief & Final 100 % Once-and-for-all Full & Complete Cure & Recovery For Blepharospasm / Chronic, Rapid, Uncontrollable, Purposeless Eyelid Twitching / Eye Blinking)

http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/aama_ ... ster1.html (Official Details About Medical Findings About The Efficacy of Acupuncture Cure For Chronic Eyelid Twitching / Eye Blinking)

Lastly, I sincerely hope that the related information included through the website above would be supported by the related kind and benevolent readers and other individuals so as to eventually bring forth the related humanely positive changes universally for the sakes of the better and better health cares, welfare and well-beings of anyone seeking treatments from any doctors. As such, kindly support all these charity and humanitarian causes.
eowc
Family Elder

Re: acupuncture

Post by eowc »

eowc
Family Elder

Post by eowc »

elyse_peace
Family Elder

Post by elyse_peace »

acupuncture solved my difficulty of feeling as though my legs were bags of cement.
i have not had treatment in several years, but am still doing better than i was when i first sought that help.
Azaeleaprawn
Family Member

Post by Azaeleaprawn »

Acupuncture got rid of horrible pain in the lumbar region of my back that I had for three years.
Getting rid of that back pain was nothing short of a miracle especially since my only other short relief came from Gabapentin and Lyrica which both left me zombie-like with almost no balance and saw me gain 20 pounds.
eowc
Family Elder

Post by eowc »

Well, let's just hope that most people one day would change their viewpoints about acupuncture so as not to cavalierly and simply dismiss it as a mere placebo, and at least not in a peremptorily, arbitrarily self-opinionated, largely unsubstantiated, bluntly straightaway and totally undiscriminating manner for the very sake of added curative benefits of the ones seeking medical treatments especially for those particular disorders that are systematically labelled as undiagnosed by the mainstream medical science due to the very reasons of its underlying undisputed theoretical and methodological inadequacy and limitations. In short, nothing is really 100% perfect in this world.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1233341#i

http://www.healthlinks.net/forum/ubbthr ... s#Post1121

Return to “General Discussion”