Preliminary results of Dr Simka's study

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
MSUK
Family Elder

Preliminary results of Dr Simka's study

Post by MSUK »

Preliminary results of preoperative diagnostics and endovascular treatment for CCSVI
Marian Simka
EuroMedicVascular and Endovascular
Surgery Department Katowice
Poland

http://www.ms-mri.com/docs/Simka-hamilt ... csvi-1.pdf
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Nice finding :)

Thank you Squiffy :) Cool nickname.btw.
crocky
Family Member

Post by crocky »

Thanks for finding that and posting it - boosts me up before my turn in Poland in April.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Excellent!

Thanks Squiffy

~HP
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

It noted complication of one patient with bleeding from the groin 2 days post procedure....that was me:) Dam Heparin! It was a bit too strong for me, once I stopped it for 2 days the wound healed.
Motiak
Family Member

Post by Motiak »

Those aren't really preliminary results of a study, they're just observations from testing and treatment of MS patients that have come to Dr Simka, right?
mose
Family Member

Post by mose »

Motiak wrote:Those aren't really preliminary results of a study, they're just observations from testing and treatment of MS patients that have come to Dr Simka, right?
I'd say observations from testing and treatment.
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

This paper reads like a blatant sales tactic posted with biased, unprovable figures and percentages by a doctor that is currently being flooded with calls from past 'customers and prospects' with questions regarding the validity of what he's sold and what he's selling. He's handling objections in light of the Buffalo findings, plain and simple.

However, I remain cautiously optomistic and believe Zambonis' theory will be proven in the coming months as the biggest breakthrough in the treatment of MS in my lifetime, it sickens me to see the defensive attitude of the MS societies, the salesmanship with limosines and travel packages offered by research institutes, the neuros fake hopefulness and on and on and on.....sickens me!
esta
Family Elder

dr simka

Post by esta »

LR1234
what i love is...i had read this page earlier i think its his website actually, with lots more pages and then today, poof, there you are, and it was you and your groin problem and your reasoning, simple, to the point and my confidence restored for my trip to poland in june. thxs!!
best of life for us all...esta
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

This paper reads like a blatant sales tactic posted with biased, unprovable figures and percentages by a doctor that is currently being flooded with calls from past 'customers and prospects' with questions regarding the validity of what he's sold and what he's selling. He's handling objections in light of the Buffalo findings, plain and simple.
Can you poiint me to this info?? I'm possibly going for surgery myself in March and if his practice is questionable then I'd like to know.

Thanks

Claire
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

ClaireParry keep your place in line to have this surgery. What Im saying is the theory is real and valid to me but the tactics being used for various personal, corperate and institutional agendas suck! It should be about finding the truth about a potentially wonderful new discovery.

I cannot type anymore as my hands have stopped
Last edited by Chris1967 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

Read that PDF from Dr. Simka with a skeptical not optomistic eye and hes saying everything you want to hear. It's just my opinion, but it reads like he's securing a deal that might have slipped a bit in the last week. It sucks to be synical but you have to be. And why such favorable numbers from Europe, again?

Seriously, the only thing missing from this latest release is 'On Sale Now, While Supplies Last and Interest Free Financing'.

Read it again and he's selling while handling recent objections and cancellations. Just my opinion
Motiak
Family Member

Post by Motiak »

My understanding is that he presented this as the same conference where the initial buffalo numbers came out, so it couldn't be in response to those.
Chris1967
Family Member

Post by Chris1967 »

Motiak wrote:My understanding is that he presented this as the same conference where the initial buffalo numbers came out, so it couldn't be in response to those.
I dont know that's true, can someone confirm this? I do not think that will be the case.

Just re-read it and I'm sorry but there isnt a person alive that will convince me this is anything other than a sales advertisement.

I will say that I think he should have went with a neon yellow backround with bold orange text flashing Call and Reserve Your Spot Today!
pegmegrund
Family Elder

Post by pegmegrund »

Chris1967 wrote:
Motiak wrote:My understanding is that he presented this as the same conference where the initial buffalo numbers came out, so it couldn't be in response to those.
I dont know that's true, can someone confirm this? I do not think that will be the case.
I believe (although I wasn't there so can't be 100% sure) that this is Dr. Simka's presentation from the meeting in Hamilton, Ontario last weekend. If you notice the title of slide 1 in the presentation seems to match the title of his talk listed here:

http://www.ms-mri.com/news.php

The other day the above link had 3 presentations listed: Simka's, Dake's and Haacke's. Today, only the program outline is listed...

Not trying to convince you - just sharing the details that I know. I believe this presentation was meant to share details with the folks working on CCSVI.

edited to add: the ms-mri website which I mention and which is in the original post is Dr. Haacke's site to share information about CCSVI...