Preliminary results of Dr Simka's study

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

Chris1967 wrote:Just re-read it and I'm sorry but there isnt a person alive that will convince me this is anything other than a sales advertisement.
Have you read the many posts from patients of Dr. Simka? IMO, you couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of his presentation. His data reflects exactly what has been apparent through the posts of his patients here.
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

I dont know that's true, can someone confirm this? I do not think that will be the case.
I’m not saying it doesn't read like Simka was pleased to be presenting strong results, but since he's booked up into next year already - with no advertising - it's not like he needs to be doing much promo.

If you want to look for conflict of interest in what I’m saying, it's easy - I’m going to see him next month.

But this shares the title of the talk he gave Hamilton on the Sunday; the press release from Buffalo came out the next Wednesday (disappointing many of us who had thought the news would be presented on the Sunday).

Are you actually suggesting Simka somehow massaged that presentation *the day after the Buffalo study came out* to get more patients?

-d
greyman
Family Member

Post by greyman »

Hey, people, what's going on?
These are Simka's real results, no advertising, no showing off, no creative accounting!
I'm sure that he needs no advertising, being fully booked to the end of 2010. I could only imagine that what he desires is a little rest and having someone take a bit of this burden off his shoulders. There's a million people knocking on his door!
That's why I'm sure that he doesn't look for such rough self-promotion.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

He would have been fully booked until the end of 2011 too if he hadn't made the choice to stop taking bookings because it was too far out.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Okay gang, I had the procedure done by Dr Simka Jan. 21st. I am one of those people who had successful ballooning on my left side and needed a stent on my right. I realize that after years of feeling like a bunch of guinea pigs, that many want to error on the side of skepticism and capitalistic conspiracy theories, but all I can say is, read the stickies of those of us who have been there. I am improving in ways that would be mind boggling if they were somehow proven to be "all in my head." I am the first to believe that a positive mental attitude is crucial to recovery, but my more normal blood pressure, warm hands and feet and occasional movements at physical therapy of a right foot that hasn't worked for two years makes me thrilled to have had the opportuunity to have this done. It is going to be a long haul and I don't imagine I will ever run a marathon, but my quality of life improvements already ranks this up with FABULOUS! As my mother said, I found my SMILE again in Poland! :D Keep in mind that Dr Simka and his team are obviously not research doctors and thankfully, they just had the BALLS to pursue a revolutionary treatment. I see his PDF as a REPORT OF FINDINGS, nothing more....I am sure he is under tremendous pressure from the likes of US, to show the world what he is finding. Do your research, decide whether the other experiences have enough credibility for you and realize that his team is working 6 days a week, working to open a second clinic and still have their own life, too. This momentum will not be stopped at this point and more facilities will get started all the time. Good luck and hang in there! :D :D Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

Chris1967 wrote:
Motiak wrote:My understanding is that he presented this as the same conference where the initial buffalo numbers came out, so it couldn't be in response to those.
I dont know that's true, can someone confirm this? I do not think that will be the case.

Just re-read it and I'm sorry but there isnt a person alive that will convince me this is anything other than a sales advertisement.

I will say that I think he should have went with a neon yellow backround with bold orange text flashing Call and Reserve Your Spot Today!
Chris1967,

I can not confirm the numbers but I can tell u one thing. Even if you "Call and Reserve Your Spot Today" u will not get any date of treatment. The demand is so high and they are so flooded with patients coming from all over the world that they can not deal with the people who already contacted them. I am Polish and I am diagnosed with MS. Yesterday I went to Katowice for my first examination but doctor couldnt give me any date for the actual procedure as the waiting line is so huge so I dont think that they need any more marketing.
SammyJo
Family Elder

Post by SammyJo »

Brynn,
Thanks so much for posting your case report in the Tracking thread !
RRMS '95 SPMS '02 | CCSVI 10/09 | Adult stem cells 2012 | http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

You bet, Sammy Jo! How are you feeling these days? Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

I too believe the stats listed by Simka are true. They may not be presented in the most professional way, but the evidence is building and the results are exciting. He is sharing his personal experiences with CCSVI in a pretty small window of time and they are astounding. I understand skepticism, but he is not trying to sell anything more than opening blocked veins and improving the health of MSers. He would have been put out of business if the personal accounts had not been so positive. This is two-fold, first there is the proof of blockage in the doppler and MRV photos, and second there are the repeat gains in the health of the patients. These are the same results Dr. Dake found and it is what keeps him involved. Dr. Dake does not need to put his career and reputation on the line for science he does not FULLY believe in. Or in something which will end up as another crack pot cure. These are intelligent men.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
florina

going to POland

Post by florina »

Hello everybody!
Does anyone know how to contact dr Simka and how to get an appointment to go to Poland?
Thank you- any info would be highly appreciated
florina

Post by florina »

Hello everybody!
I am new here so please forgive me if I repeat this post-
Does anyone know how to get an appointment with Dr Simka?
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

the buffalo numbers are 80% for cdms and 38% for cis. I got an email from dr ziv confirming this. CDMS means clinically definite ms. CIS means clinically isolated syndrome (not always ms) What I dont know is if this 80 includes the borderline cases, a possibility that could push it up by another 10.2% so really 90 for buffalo and 95 for Simka are in the same ballpark. I particularly like how Simka emphasizes the non-stenosis ways to have ccsvi.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Super sleuthing job Billmeik !!

ozarkcanoer