60 Minutes piece on DAVOS

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Did anyone see this piece on TV last night? It got me to thinking what a GREAT place that would be for Dr’s Zamboni, Simka, Haacke etc. to be able to attend and network for CCSVI in 2011.

I thought I read somewhere on Tims that the country of Jordan was receptive to CCSVI. Does anyone know if that’s true? Queen Rania Al Abdullah might be an excellent person for the doctors to contact. She set up her own channel on YouTube to show videos countering stereotypes about the Middle East, and has more recently joined Facebook and Twitter.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/01 ... kers/2.htm

Nowhere in the world can such a concentration of power be found than at the World Economic Forum's meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

http://www.weforum.org/en/events/Annual ... /index.htm

I had never heard of this meeting, but I guess it’s an annual event and really powerful people rub shoulders in a relaxed atmosphere. In the video it shows Queen Rania visiting with Mrs. Bill Gates, what an opportunity to put the facts of CCSVI out there to the really big Movers & Shakers.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to go about getting the doctor’s an invite for next year? I found the scissors’ I just don’t know how to run with them.

Lora
fiddler
Family Elder

Jordan

Post by fiddler »

Lora, I understood (misunderstood?) that, according to the Hamilton conference earlier this month, not only was Jordan "receptive" to CCSVI, they are already performing CCSVI assessments and, perhaps, treatments. And it may just be my lesion-addled memory, but it seems to me I heard that the hospital/clinic where this is happening is sponsored by the Queen. If you look up the post-conference info, you could confirm that and also get the name of the doctors who presented. By contacting them, you might find out how to put a bug in the Queen's ear.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Hi Fiddler,

Thanks for the lead. After a few searchs I finally found Sharon's post in the Haacke thread.

Name: Dr.Ma'moon AL-Omari
Speciality: vascular & Interventional Radiologist
Academic Rank: Assistant professor
Education: FELLOWSHIP IN ANGIOGRAPHY AND INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, 2006. HEIGHER SPECIALITY IN DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY, JUST, 2004. JORDANIAN BOARD IN DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY, 2004. M.B.B.S., UNIVERSITY OF JORDAN, 1998.
Email: momari@just.edu.jo
Homepage: Homepage

I'm out of miniutes on my computer time for now, but, Tomorrow is Another Day. And I am armed with the info now.

Thanks,

Lora
NinaLee

CCSVI

Post by NinaLee »

When I asked about ccsvi at the Cleveland Clinic all they would tell me was that they had applied for funding and that they didn't know enough about it yet. After 22 years of being a test sibject involved in their many clinical drug trials...I am now on the lists for Buffalo and Albany. I just want my life back. Stay strong everyone.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”