Aimspro injection. What to expect?

A forum to discuss Aimspro (Goat Serum) as a possible therapy for MS
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Aimspro injection. What to expect?

Post by CureOrBust »

Hi all,

I have managed to get Aimspro, that will be delivered in the comming days.

I was hoping to get some information from someone else who has used it.

I am wondering what I can expect from injecting something that has JUST defrosted from -20C. What is it like injecting something that is SOOOOO cold into warm flesh?

I currently inject rebif 44 three times a week, after it has warmed to room temp.

thanks in advance.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

hi there,

if you don't mind, could you vaguely mention what paths you had to take to get Aimspro? There's been a lot of confusion as to whether the drug is available or not, so your story seems to provide a definite (and happy!) answer :)
Last edited by Arron on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Hi,

I am based in Australia. I read that Aimspro was available in the UK via "informed consent", and that trials will be occuring accross the globe.

I searched and found an australian email account for Daval (the makers of Aimspro). I sent them an email regarding the above two points, and they informed me that in Australia, you can get Aimspro under "catergory A" of the Australian Theraputic (or however u spell it...) Goods Act. Which I think is the equvalent of the UK's "informed consent".

I then went to my GP (of 10 years) to get a prescription and to fill in the "category A" form. He talked with my neurologist to make sure he was ok with it. The forms (ie prescription and category a stuff) were forwarded to daval (via fax) and it will now be delivered on tuesday. All in all, if my gp was available, and i could take days off work, and there wasnt a public holiday & weekend in between, i think i could of turned it around in less than 5 days. I think it has taken about 8-9 days in reality.

Thing to note is that i am paying for the Aimspro out of my own pocket.

I guess it comes down to finding the equivalent of "category A" in your own country, and following what is required, and paying for the aimspro. well, thats what it was here in australia.

good luck, and feel free to ask me anything else.

on wednesday, i hope to post my results for all as well.
fryerbj

Aimspro

Post by fryerbj »

Hi All

In England there is talk of Aimspro costing as much as £20.000 per year for treatyment.

Is this the sort of figure that it cost in Australia?.

Regards to all

Brian
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Aimspro

Post by CureOrBust »

fryerbj wrote:In England there is talk of Aimspro costing as much as £20.000 per year for treatment
Brian,

it is a FRACTION of that! it would be best to email Daval yourself directly and enquire about getting hold of some, they were very helpful with explaining what i had to do to get it. Not only that, but you do not have to commit to a full year of treatment. So you can get only a few vials in your first script (which is what i did for a trial), cutting the initial cost while you evaluate its effects on you.

The delivery cost was VERY expensive as it arrives in dry ice (which is fun to play with...); about 1.5 times the cost of a single vial.

I got hold of it within less than a week after getting a prescription from my VERY VERY understanding doctor; did i mention my GP is very understanding. I will be writing up my thoughts and results on Aimspro in this group when i get a chance, hopefully on the weekend sometime (sunday maybe).

Regards
finn
Contributing Author

Post by finn »

Sorry, time to leave the board.

-finn
Last edited by finn on Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacobine

Post by Jacobine »

No it is not legal to sell an unlicensed medicine in UK or another EU-country.

And for that reason Aimspro is not available yet. But if it becomes available, the price could be 180 GBP/injection. One injection every 4 days makes a price of something like 20.000 GBP/year.

But, at least for the UK, after Aimspro is licensed, it might well come under NHS-scheme (as far as I have understood).

Let's first worry about getting it available at a soonest, then about the price.
mser

Hi...I am from kenya

Post by mser »

And I have a script from my dr in Nairobi and which is cosigned by the Daval Dr...I will write to daval Australia and see if I can receive this drug.

How are you feeling?

many thanks, sal

Return to “Aimspro”