Dr Simka (Poland)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Edser
Family Elder

CCSVI

Post by Edser »

Good afternoon TiMS,
The Hospital/Clinic in Katowice(Poland) also excepts credit cards & if that has changed since i was there 03/12/2009 you are given the bill prior to leaving the hospital & you have something like 6 weeks to transfer them the money.Best of luck to everyone thats going for the Procedure.
Slainte Mo Chara
Edser & Anna
Never judge a Book by it's cover.
Edss Before Procedure:6
Edss After Procedure:4
L
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI

Post by L »

Edser wrote:..you are given the bill prior to leaving the hospital & you have something like 6 weeks to transfer them the money..
I think it's been changed now to payment in advance. One or two people left with their new veins never to be heard of again apparently..
cervin
Family Member

Post by cervin »

They do require the whole payment upfront now.
I know because I wired allbthe money yesterday.
I'll be there for treatmentarch 23/24!!
HOORAY!!!
anyone else with these dates?
Ceci
Badger
Family Elder

Same Same!!!

Post by Badger »

I have also sent my payment and my appointment is also 23/24th of March. You may be in the bed next to me!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
cervin
Family Member

Post by cervin »

I am looking forward to it. Badger what is your name, so i don't call you by your TIMS handle?

I am so excited!!
-ceci
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

Wow ! That looks like a great club for that week! Wish you all the best!

And also have good news! Since had problems for my precise date (one is given it rather shortly before), at first thought it meant had to cancel (since they had replied I would be put on end of waiting list for end 2011, if do not confirm it within 24 hours)...

But when explained my problem they understood, switched me within the list, and now accommodated me for this spring! 8)
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

HI ceci & Badger
You can warm the bed up for me! I am 24th and 25th. :lol:
Nigel
Badger
Family Elder

23/24th March

Post by Badger »

Will do!! :wink:
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Well done Zeureka, very pleased that this has been sorted. I have found Euromedic very helpful regarding e-mails and a few phone calls. My booking was more complicated because we required 2 hotel rooms.
Nigel
pgm1
Family Member

Post by pgm1 »

Wow March seems to be a very busy month,

How many people do they operate on a day?

And we are all in the same Hotel,what a party :lol

I look forward to meeting everyone :)
Pam
moochsid
Family Member

Post by moochsid »

I'm off to Poland on 30th and 31st March. My parents were polish but I've never been to Katowice but am brushing up my childhood polish. Iza from Edinburgh.
babiezuique
Family Elder

Post by babiezuique »

I have my apointement for next january!

I just wanted to wish you the best! I'm so exited... I would like to be with you all... Take care...we are liveing someting now we never tought would be possible... to see in our live!

Bless you all!
Barbara
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

acol wrote:Well done Zeureka, very pleased that this has been sorted. I have found Euromedic very helpful regarding e-mails and a few phone calls. My booking was more complicated because we required 2 hotel rooms.
Wow Nigel, you bring your family?

Thank you all that go in March for testing out the rooms. Too long to keep the beds warm until I come, but in spring hope the sun will do. I look forward to see Katowice in this lovely season of change and positiveness to warmer times ! Only know it from my doppler with icy snow weather and another hotel, even though was also a kind of romantic misterious atmosphere.

And so many nice people I met ! Including hospital, which had the chance to visit. It was like just arriving and although meeting new people, meeting a little family. Well, I knew two people just from reading TIMS (had not even chatted with them) and VERY funny when met them there without expecting it :D.

The first morning I met Erika - she was sitting there having breakfast in my same hotel, I thought cannot be true (only the two of us were in the breakfast bar) and I had not known she was there!...and she told me: Simka will come to pick me up in 5 mins to visit Pepe and his wife in hospital, want to come with us? Oh yes, I wanted to ! It was like in a science-fiction movie.

Steffi
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Zeureka wrote: The first morning I met Erika - she was sitting there having breakfast in my same hotel, I thought cannot be true (only the two of us were in the breakfast bar) and I had not known she was there!...and she told me: Simka will come to pick me up in 5 mins to visit Pepe and his wife in hospital, want to come with us? Oh yes, I wanted to ! It was like in a science-fiction movie.

Steffi
Yes, this was really nice! :)
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Pepe
Family Elder

Post by Pepe »

Hi Erika and Steffi,

Oh yes!... that moment have left us a good memory! It was 47 days ago. And I would like to tell you that Maria is doing well. She is improving as I reported 1 month after the intervention. As you can suppose, after several years worsening...at the moment, we are very very very... happy. Among other improvements, the most remarkable one is the decreased fatigue.

Un grande abrazzio!

Pepe and María.
María was Dx RRMS 1996. SPMS since 2003; Dx CCSVI by Dr. Simka on Dec.-2009; Balloon angioplasty on Jan.-2010 in Katowice (Poland); Betaseron (2000-2009); Tysabri since June 2009. BBD since 2003. IBT since Jan.-2010.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”