Dr. Mehta in Albany, NY - Thank you, Kacey!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Rokkit wrote:
drsclafani wrote:Either things changed, or the CT (or mri or ultrasound) isn't reliable.
Could it be that the neck is dense and tightly packed with muscle, jugulars, carotids, throat, etc. and that contributes to the CT/MRV/ultrasounds being unreliable? The more I've read about CCSVI, the more I'm impressed with necks....
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
simone
Family Member

Post by simone »

Dear Dr. Sciafani,

Thank you so much !
Last edited by simone on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

Dr. Sclafani,

thank you and i got to say : what you told us just makes sense.

God bless and please, please help as many patients as possible.
msscooter
Family Member

Thank you Dr. Scalfani

Post by msscooter »

I am so grateful for your work and willingness to treat us. You Rock!!
HollyBarr
Family Member

I did wonder about the SSN...

Post by HollyBarr »

FlashHack wrote:I wanted to tell her that this info was tattooed on the inside of my jugulars!
Hi, All! I hope it's not inappropriate for me to sign in too...along with my boss, Dr. Sclafani...but in reading back a few pages I saw that a few people were concerned about the social security number and mother's maiden name I ask for in the form I send out about CCSVI testing and treatment (starting 3/10/10 and discussed among Vivianne766, FlashHack, Cece and jr5646). I can understand your feelings and wondered myself whether I should leave it in the form but did in the end, since no one I spoke to when I used to get all this information on the phone hesitated for a moment. But I understand that an emailed form can feel a little different. So though most seem okay with supplying this information I respect the feelings of anyone who wants to hold off on supplying social security number and mother's maiden name until actually scheduled, when it's necessary for financial clearance, etc. But I do draw the line at having to look for it inside your jugular veins :wink: !

Very best wishes,

-- Holly
FlashHack
Family Elder

Dang.

Post by FlashHack »

Oh well, it was worth a shot. :lol:
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Dr. Sclafani continues answering questions here:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-10680.html

~HP
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks for posting that, HP.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
kc
Family Elder

Post by kc »

Hi. I just spoke to Debbie Hill in Dr. Mehta's office. I asked how the study approval was coming along. She said it is in the final stages and should be out to us in a couple of weeks.

She also said they are only going to do angioplasty on people with 50% or greater stenosis.
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Does anyone have more information on cost?
dlb
Family Elder

Post by dlb »

Thanks for asking ikulo... I have been wondering the same, since the email I got from their office.... is this a study or plans for providing a procedure service & what is the cost?? Hopefully someone can answer!
kc
Family Elder

Post by kc »

ik and dlb,

I do know that they will be asking for all of my insurance info. One of the researchers did tell me that this study is not being funded. (U gotta pay). I do not know what the costs will be yet.

chin up

kc
Kacey
Family Member

Post by Kacey »

I will say our insurance paid for the cost, save our deductible which turned out to be nearly $800.....
SoberSandy
Family Member

Post by SoberSandy »

Hi Kacey: Thanks for your post - do you mind letting us know how you went about getting your insurance company to pay for your testing and treatment - did you just submit a regular insurance claim? Are you from Canada?
brave
Family Member

I haven't been contacted

Post by brave »

I have signed up with Dr Mehta but I haven't received any followup e-mail from Dr Mehta neither received any contact from Dr. Sclafani .

would you please let me know if there is any other action that I need to take.

Thanks,
brave

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”