Dake Presentation at SIR Annual Scientific Meeting

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

I sent the links to family and friends wanting to learn more about CCSVI.
I will be forever grateful to Dr. Dake for putting it all on the line for those of us with MS. He is a brave and wonderful man!!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Thanks for posting this. And putting it on you tube. Fantastic.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Now that this is on youtube, no excuse not to send it to your local interventional radiologist...

My favorite quote is from part 2.
"Global symptoms attributable to MS, but not referrable to a specific anatomic loci or demyelinated plaque ( ie: fatigue, headache, heat sensitivity, brain fog, urinary urgency, etc.) show short term improvement and in some cases completely resolve. This suggests that these particular MS symptoms may be more accurately categorized as related to venous obstruction.

Can you possibly prevent further deterioration and alter the trajectory or the tempo of the disease progression by providing a better blood brain barrier by reducing this venous obstruction...?"

We have seen this first hand. As Jeff sleeps thru the night (no more urgent bladder, no more sleep apnea or spasms) awakes refreshed, and works full days (no more cog fog or crippling fatigue) and has not had any progression or relapses since his procedure. We believe his disease course has been altered, and he has indeed seen relief now that his venous obstruction is removed.

please view this important presentation. It's all there...
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

cheerleader wrote:"This suggests that these particular MS symptoms may be more accurately categorized as related to venous obstruction."
Cheer, I'm reading between the lines I admit, but it's also quite apparent to me at least that Dake sees this as a direct relationship for nearly all his patients. He wouldn't make a statement like that if he were only seeing venous obstruction in 55% of his patients (a la the BNAC study).
kenneb9
Family Member

Thanking Cheerleader Dr.Zamboni, DR. Dake, DR. haacke

Post by kenneb9 »

My way of thanking the above people is creating another(the more the

merrier) CCSVI site called CCSVI Locator

http://ccsvi-ms.ning.com/

Try CCSVI Locator join and post, and invite friends.
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

cheerleader wrote:
My favorite quote is from part 2.
"Global symptoms attributable to MS, but not referrable to a specific anatomic loci or demyelinated plaque ( ie: fatigue, headache, heat sensitivity, brain fog, urinary urgency, etc.) show short term improvement and in some cases completely resolve. This suggests that these particular MS symptoms may be more accurately categorized as related to venous obstruction....

cheer
Yep, and IBT has the same effect for me.... within days and weeks. I am getting better every day since i started it. For example, after 5 years of suffering from urinary tract infections, now its over. Fatigue is much better...

It would be a nice idea to start a trial for IBT.... ?
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Bump...
I think everyone needs to view this :)
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”