CCSVI and sinus problems

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

Had hayfever all my life but the last few years I've had nasty sinus congestion at times of the year when I never had allergies before. My family doc said it's not related to MS. He also said that if I was taking the MS meds those could cause me to catch colds because they suppress the immune system. ( I've never used any of the MS drugs). Now I have to wonder if in fact it is related to MS or to CCSVI.

I'm planning to get Liberated soon so I guess I'll find out.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I am becoming more and more convinced that the etiology of "MS" is bacterial. Oh yes, the venous stenoses... What if bacteria, or parasites modify the veins to create a more anaerobic environment more conducive to their survival and replication? Dr. Simka has alluded to bacteria in the brain, and prescribed a course of minocycline to at least one CCSVI patient. It could also explain the observed benefit of LDN in some pw"MS".
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Johnson wrote:I am becoming more and more convinced that the etiology of "MS" is bacterial. Oh yes, the venous stenoses... What if bacteria, or parasites modify the veins to create a more anaerobic environment more conducive to their survival and replication? Dr. Simka has alluded to bacteria in the brain, and prescribed a course of minocycline to at least one CCSVI patient. It could also explain the observed benefit of LDN in some pw"MS".
Yes, the patient was me. There was a research about this drug and MS.
I read it last year, hope to find it again. Result of the research was that the drug minocycline has positive effect on MS brain.
As I knew about the research, I never had problems with antibiotics and I take antibiotics very rarely - I agreed. I was only 10 days on it.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse