CCSVI and CCVBP

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

uprightdoc wrote: Civickiller,
Does your neurologist ever test your arm, wrist, hand, leg and foot muscles when you complain of weakness? If so, what are the typical findings?
I've never had my foot muscle tested but I haven't gone to see my neurologist since I got worse. she would check them every time I visited before. For the past 2 years there was no change in strength
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

civickiller wrote:
uprightdoc wrote:Hello Civickiller,
What are the symptoms you thought were due to retracing? How is you leg strength?
If possible let me see your pre and post x-rays.
my whole body just got weak, think every muscle you use. Arms,legs,breathing,abs I can't even hold myself up to sit upright in a chair.

I slowly have been getting some strength back

I'll post up my xrays a month from now when I go back. He didn't take post xray so I'm gonna have him take xrays next time I go see him
This doesn't sound right. Patients can get sore after initial upper cervical correction, such as NUCCA but they don't get the extensive weakness you describe in all the muscles from head to foot, as well as respiration.
Anyway, it's good to hear you are slowly getting better. It will be interesing to see your x-rays.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Civickiller,
...Experience in using this method (LDN) has demonstrated most commonly (side affects), such as disturbed sleep, occasionally with vivid, bizarre and disturbing dreams, tiredness, fatigue, spasm and pain. These increased symptoms would not normally be expected to last more than seven to ten days [but your experience may vary].

Rarely, other transient symptoms have included more severe pain and spasm, headache, diarrhea or vomiting. These additional symptoms would appear to be associated with the previous frequent use of strong analgesics, which effectively create an addiction and dependency, thus increasing the body's sensitivity to pain. Similar symptoms can also occur in people unknowingly allergic/sensitive/intolerant to gluten and/or dairy and who take those foodstuffs concurrently with LDN...

You need to speak with your neurologist. You may be more sensitive to LDN than some people.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

Thanks Dr. F

on another thing, one thing I did notice is that I don't have any shocking with neck flexing anymore
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Your welcome Civickiller.

I found the connection between LDN to dairy and gluten sensitivity interesting.

That's good news that the shock you used to get when you flexed your neck is gone. It shows that you are reducing the strain on your spinal cord.

I look forward to seeing your x-rays.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hannakat,
I reviewed your x-rays. I don't know if you alreay told me, but to save me from going back through the posts, when you get a chance fill me in on your case history regarding trauma.
Last edited by uprightdoc on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Hi Dr. Flanagan,

It's been a couple of months since I posted, right ater I started seeing Dr. Bender, my AO chiropractor. I've now been going for slightly over 2 months and had a ccsvi treatment on 4/16. I saw some immediate improvements from the angioplasty and now there are improvements which I believe are from the adjustments working in concert with my impoved blood flow.

Today is the first time I've held an adjustment for a week!!! I see him twice a week and for the past few weeks, I held them from Friday thru Tuesday, but needed an adjustment on the next Friday. I can tell if I need one because of the shocks in my arm. They are pretty much gone when the adjustment holds. I'm seeing improvement in my purple freezing feet, which are no longer freezing, just purple-ish, and slowly improving.

Dr. Bender is so excited, as am I. I'll be having new x-rays before the end of June, and hope to see improvement. I'll post when I get them.

Thank you for sticking around on tims. You're very generous with your time and you're helping so many of us.

Michelle
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Your welcome Michelle. I am happy to hear you are doing better with the venoplasty and AO. Many of you will require co-management of your cases. Correcting the upper cervical spine can reduce musculoskeletal tension which may help the venoplasty last longer.
Thanks for keeping me posted. I look forward to seeing your x-rays.
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hannakat,
Thanks for refreshing me on your case history. You are another perfect example of the role of trauma in MS. You are on the right track getting your neck corrected. The recent slip and fall may have set you back a bit but Dr. Dave should be able to piece you back together.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Found this Youtube clip and there are others along side as well, I placed on my site;
CCSVI in New Zealand
Ccsvi ASIA

Upper Cervical - Montel Williams
www.youtube.com
Atlas Orthogonal, an Upper Cervical technique has dramatic results for Montel Williams. Dr. Patrick Kerr featured.

ps. I go for my xrays at last on Tuesday morning. Seems like I have had to wait for ever!
Hope your all well,
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Good luck on Monday Nigel. Are you going for x-rays or a brain scan?
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Hi Dr, xrays of several areas, shoulders, left hip and upper spine.
Things are wearing out and the process of understanding has to start with the xrays, which my GP ordered months ago.
The Gov Health system neuro has just bumped me after waiting for six months to see him. My GP has made contact three times to request the appointment and to have an MRI. This is the result from the third request;

"I have received a request for an opinion regarding this man whose diagnosis of MS was challenging to Drs ..... and Dr. ..... His current symptoms include:
1)Lehrmitte's Syndrome (electric shock on moving neck) a marker of cervical cord Demyleination common in MS.
2)Contracting in calves and thighs, with leg fatigability, a probable MS related neurological symptom for which there is no treatment as it is too minor to warrant steroids.
3)A query about venous insufficiency in MS; this syndrome does not exist, but has been debated and researched intensively since raised recently. This conclusion is now irrefutable.
I conclude therefore that given the lack of access to disease modifying therapies in New Zealand unless you have two or more attacks in a 12 month period, that there is no role for repeat MRI at this time. There is also no specific role for a neurologist appointment at this time, given the great pressure on the waiting list.
Peter Wright
Visiting Consultant Neurologist."

Even after 4 days this letter still gets my BP rising, still doesn't reach the normal expected level though.
How do you deal with type of professional?
I am not in a financial position to go private and the waiting for Xrays alone seems to have been months on the health system. I hope that there will be reason from the Xrays to get another opinion through the system, and to give Dr. F a chance to guide me on where to next. The trip to Auckland to the Chiropractic School is step one I believe.
Enjoy your weekend, I am,
Nigel
uprightdoc
Family Elder

Post by uprightdoc »

Hello Nigel,
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the health care system. What you need is an upright MRI with flexion and extenison views to check the tension on the cord which causes the Lehermittes sign. Nonetheless, the doctors at the chiropractic college can still work on you even without the scan if you can get there. The cost would be miniscule. Considering your financial situation they might even work on you for free. How far away is Auckland? Do you have transportation to get there?

As an aside, I was just contacted by UK National Geographic late last week regarding a program they are doing on world enigmas, which includes the artificially deformed crania from Peru. They said that they have "been reading my blog with great interest" and would like to discuss my participation in the program. Interestingly, they haven't read the book yet. Considering world enigmas and the recent discovery of Gobeki Tepe the last chapter couldn't be more timely. For now, what they are interested in is the potential impact the deformation had on cognition. And so I told them about CCSVI, CCVBP, NPH, Alzheimer's, dementia and cog fog. I told it probably did affect cognition to a certain degree but that I suspect the shamen or physicians of the day were trying to treat either hydrocephalus or craniosynostosis. If so, then they were way ahead of western medicine at the time. They will be contacting me again tomorrow.

Keep me posted about your condition.
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Thanks for the tip on the Upright MRI it will be my goal.
Thinking about what has been said about cognitive ability, and it is one area I have had training during my varying career, I believe that there is more to be learned here.
Most of our individual experiences are molded mentally to assess, understand and modify our functionality in the environment.
In MS as one example, as I loose the function of my body my entire system of being in the world is altered. As things are not inputted sensually for example my entire functionality adjusts to what is functioning and what is not.
As an example the way my body has adapted to loosing feeling in my feet and legs, my balance system is now relying on other inputs to maintain balance. My vision has tried to pick up the slack, as has my feeling by hands and other senses to understand what is upright and in or out of balance. So to is the need for affection, touch of another, sexual contact and stimulus from other human beings. As my senses are changing so is my mind. What was important in the normal scheme of things as a normal person is no longer true or possible. This has changed my personality and will change how I interact with people. It has changed my fears as one example, the fear of tripping is now greater than my fear of success. lol.
This is an area where the National Geographic team could consider how societies are changed by the health of its people. And how the interplay of skull design has molded cultures and behaviors?
Well that is my thought for the day.
Onward and upright,
Nigel
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any info on AtlasProfilax? I have a friend who's considering having this treatment done but I'm sure this is the treatment Dr Heidi warned me about.

I'd be grateful for any info :)