Dietary supplement apoaequorin may help MS symptoms!

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
MsHopeTrials

Dietary supplement apoaequorin may help MS symptoms!

Post by MsHopeTrials »

The dietary supplement apoaequorin is a protein that's being studied to determine it's effects on MS symptoms. Volunteers living with MS are needed to receive the product and fill out a monthly survey tracking any changes in their symptoms. Learn more at www.hopetrials.com.
Last edited by MsHopeTrials on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

It's pretty expensive.
MsHopeTrials

100% free

Post by MsHopeTrials »

It's actually 100% free to participate and receive the supplement for anyone living with MS. This is a scientific, human research study only. The purpose of the study is to test the benefits of a supplement for MS symptoms through a placebo controlled, double blind study. You'll never be asked to buy anything or pay for anything. This is a volunteer opportunity to support MS research.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Send it over :P I'll try and report.
MsHopeTrials

From Quincy Bioscience

Post by MsHopeTrials »

We'd love to have you in our study. We ask that you sign up at www.hopetrials.com (the big "Apply Here" button) then we'll call you to discuss the study, answer any questions you have, and set up your survey dates. Or, if you have any questions now, you can call our research line at (608) 827-8099. Thank you for supporting our research!
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Thank you but:
The study can be participated in from anywhere throughout the United States. Surveys will be sent via the internet.
I; unfortunately; am a Taiwanese resident.

Good luck!
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

Careful. This looks shady to me. Looks like someone is trying to sell supplements. It looks like if you are satisfied with the results of the trial you can cointinue to order the supplements afterwards and your first order is 50% off!!! Kind of weird for a scientific study if you ask me. :? Wow and it looks like this supplement is being tested for neuropathy, autism, and parkinson's disease. All at the same time!!!!!! :roll:
harry1
Family Member

Post by harry1 »

scorpion wrote:Careful. This looks shady to me. Looks like someone is trying to sell supplements. It looks like if you are satisfied with the results of the trial you can cointinue to order the supplements afterwards and your first order is 50% off!!! Kind of weird for a scientific study if you ask me. :? Wow and it looks like this supplement is being tested for neuropathy, autism, and parkinson's disease. All at the same time!!!!!! :roll:
My thoughts exactly as it looks like spam.
MsHopeTrials

Apoaequorin trials

Post by MsHopeTrials »

There are indeed several indications that we are pursuing with regard to apoaequorin, because they have some similar underlying mechanisms of action. These are real trials and not promotional activities. We certainly are hopeful for good results, but that is exactly why we are doing the research. For more information please visit www.quincybioscience.com.
scorpion
Family Elder

Re: Apoaequorin trials

Post by scorpion »

MsHopeTrials wrote:There are indeed several indications that we are pursuing with regard to apoaequorin, because they have some similar underlying mechanisms of action. These are real trials and not promotional activities. We certainly are hopeful for good results, but that is exactly why we are doing the research. For more information please visit www.quincybioscience.com.
I guess I just never heard of companies coming onto a social forum to recruit people for studies. Generally they want people in the same vicinity so they can monitor their progress, improvements, etc. Generally I am not a skeptic as everyone on here will testify. Really!! :oops:
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

I have heard about a supplement called The Essentials, a friend who has MS as well has raved bout it for sevrl months. Anyone else know about this?
Quest56
Family Elder

Post by Quest56 »

These are NOT formal clinical trials, no IRB oversite, and participants must do so AT THEIR OWN RISK. In signing up, you need to agree to assume full responsibility for any medical consequences that result as part of the use of the supplement.

I enrolled several months ago, and participated for about 3 days before being warned by my physician that it was probably not a wise move for me. I use a prescribed medication that operates along the calcium channel, the same channel that the jellyfish supplement is active along, and was advised that any problems with incompatibility between the two may show up as cardiovascular problems. The people who run the trial told me that there would be no complication, but I still needed to assume full risk.

I wasn't willing to assume full risk for possible complications, and so discontinued the trial.

If you participate, you may want to discuss it with a physician who is aware of all the medications you currently take, and can discuss possible complications.

--Tracy
CCSVI Procedure 9/16/2009 at Stanford
Stent in left and right IJVs
SPMS
Copaxone
Former Ampyra User
Regular Botox Bladder Injections
300mg d-Biotin / day