My ankle is weak and keeps "turning" anyone experi

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
hithere

My ankle is weak and keeps "turning" anyone experi

Post by hithere »

Hello,

recently (in the last few weeks) my right ankle has gotten weak and keeps turning or giving out on me. I keep spraining it because of this. Luckily (haha) it is so numb these days that half the time I can't even tell that it hurts. I am just curious if weak ankles is something anyone else with ms has experienced.
thank you!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sounds familiar, my knees used to give back when i was super deficient in everything particularly b12. there were quite a few months there where i did not 'do' stairs.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Music
Family Elder

Re: My ankle is weak and keeps "turning" anyone ex

Post by Music »

Yes, my right ankle rolls in quite a bit - for about two years now. Have been in a wheelchair full-time for about 6 years so ankle has probably gotten weak from not using it alot. Still have some strength in my legs and when I transfer my ankle will roll in at times. My caregiver does foot exercises with me every day. Have always been quite flexible so there has never been any pain but I'm sure this is not a good thing. There are braces you can get but haven't tried them.
hithere wrote:Hello,

recently (in the last few weeks) my right ankle has gotten weak and keeps turning or giving out on me. I keep spraining it because of this. Luckily (haha) it is so numb these days that half the time I can't even tell that it hurts. I am just curious if weak ankles is something anyone else with ms has experienced.
thank you!
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

My wife who has a mild case of ms (heavy right leg), has been spraining her right ankle every month or so for many many years - way before she had any ms symptoms. She sprained it very severely about 35 years ago, and it's been trouble ever since. I suspect the heavy leg doesn't help any. She occasionally wears an ankle brace, particularly if she's working in the garden.
msgator
Family Elder

Post by msgator »

my ankles turn frequently. Never thought to link it with MS...I will keep an eye on this thread. (almost 15 years since first flare, still walk without help, though awkwardly, much better since CCSVI treatment)

Ann
always look on the bright side of life

Veins opened 10/15/10. RIJV still on the small side. Feeling much better.
whiteflag
Getting to Know You...

Post by whiteflag »

Oh my, my ankles twisting is currently a fear I have. My left leg has gotten 'heavier' in the last few days, as a result my left ankle is so weak that I have almost twisted it twice today while walking with a stick.

Also I walk with my left leg straight at the knee, cos if I bend my left knee it bends with quite a jerk and I'm liable to fall.

Except from using a wheelchair, I'm so confused as to how to carry on doing things.

I start my IVSM on Tuesday and I hope that either my flare-up starts to get better on its own, or that its not too late for the steroids.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

ankle brace? afo with shoes tight?
Talisker
Family Member

Post by Talisker »

Got this as well and use walking boots instead of shoes.
CL

Post by CL »

Havent had a dx just yet....still working on figuring it out but we are looking at MS and I do this all the time. Have for years.....my ankles roll very often and Ive sprained them more times then I can count. My knees will give out from under me as well. Its been one of the leading reasons for my falls in the past along with numbness (mostly in my left leg)

Return to “General Discussion”