Fatigue often first symptom of MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MSUK
Family Elder

Fatigue often first symptom of MS

Post by MSUK »

Months or even years before demyelinating events are recognized, patients later diagnosed with multiple sclerosis often turn up in their doctors' offices complaining of fatigue, a researcher said here.

Among patients receiving MS diagnoses after 2005, records of nearly 30% indicated that they had reported fatigue to their physicians beforehand, said Joseph Berger, MD, of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, in a presentation at the annual meeting of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC).... Read More - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/1327
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

Yep - that was my experience.

Spring & summer 2010 fatigue and tingling in my feet. November 2010 - Optic Neuritis.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

My experience too, aged 12 hit with very unusual fatigue for a few weeks (everyone said 'growing pains') as well as the start of tinnitus.

Age 15 was getting mild foot drop (everyone said 'shin splints').

Age 16 lost my balance for a while (everyone suspected I was worrying) and started having to use the loo at night.

Diagnosed age 25 - 13 years ago now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
rena77

Post by rena77 »

Same here. When the MS started I was still working and it was like : going to work, coming back home and just falling asleep. Never been so tired and exhausted in my entire life.
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

This is what happened to me. I had so much fatigue and the tingling. I went to 3 docs before I was diagnosed.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

I don't remember feeling any fatigue before I got diagnosed.
I was playing sports, lifting weights, working 14 hour days
joeymia
Family Member

Post by joeymia »

Same started in my early 20's. Got brain washed into thinking I was depressed since that's all you see on TV. Went to a psychologist. Are you tired? Does that make you sad that you are tired? Were you active before? OMG U BIPOLAR!!! what a racket that is... Tired various drugs none work. One almost killed me (mild case of Stevens-Johnson) After a year I gave up on that but got I better. (Relapse) Doctor said that is because I am having a manic episode now. Flushed all the pills and never saw her again

I can't even find where that doctor went. I would like to explain what irresponsible asshole she was. I bet she pushed pills on every person that walked through the door and made a nice commission check from their sales rep.
Last edited by joeymia on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeymia
Family Member

Post by joeymia »

paul2008 wrote:that is so true......i gave up 2 jobs because i was so tired and totally exhausted all day and didn't know what was causing it. MS was diagnosed 4 years later and i still have the same severe fatigue.
have you tried Modafinil (Provigil) It has worked wonders for me.
joeymia
Family Member

Post by joeymia »

joeymia wrote:Same started in my early 20's. Got brain washed into thinking I was depressed since that's all you see on TV. Went to a psychologist. Are you tired? Does that make you sad that you are tired? Were you active before? OMG U BIPOLAR!!! what a racket that is... Tired various drugs none work. One almost killed me (mild case of Stevens-Johnson) After a year I gave up on that but got I better. (Relapse) Doctor said that is because I am having a manic episode now. Flushed all the pills and never saw her again

I can't even find where that doctor went. I would like to explain what irresponsible asshole she was. I bet she pushed pills on every person that walked through the door and made a nice commission check from their sales rep.
wow was curious about the drug that gave me Stevens-Johnson and I find this...

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/trileptal- ... ing-13196/