What are you doing to protect your children from MS?

A forum for parents with multiple sclerosis, and how to cope with family life when a parent has MS.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

What are you doing to protect your children from MS?

Post by Wonderfulworld »

I am interested in hearing from other parents with MS what things they do to minimise the risk of MS in their children?

- I get my son's Vitamin D3 tested at least once a year to keep his level up and I give him supplements if it drops below normal.

- I let him get a bit of sun exposure during the summer, but given that we are in rainy Ireland that is hit and miss!

- I have started him on Omega 3 Fish oil capsules recently too.

Now I wish I could move to the equator too but some risks you can't tackly easily!! :lol:

What do you do?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Re: What are you doing to protect your children from MS?

Post by mrbarlow »

I don't have children but I do encourage family and friends with children to do pretty much what you say above minus the testing. Mostly falls on deaf ears though. The dermatologists have won the battle on sun exposure.

I wouldn't knock living somewhere like the UK or Ireland (with reasonably clean air and water)compared to a sunnier location with polluted air and water (Middle East). I am becoming more and more convinced that oxidative stress from pollution exacerbates symptoms.
munchkin
Family Elder

Re: What are you doing to protect your children from MS?

Post by munchkin »

My son is 24 and the most I can do at this point is give him D3 when he is home for supper. I am pretty sure he takes it just to humor me.