Commercial content

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
Asher
Family Elder

Commercial content

Post by Asher »

Dear moderators,

I write this is not to stir up truble or controversy. But there is a phenomenon I observe on TIMS that to my mind is, at best, inappropriate. Specifically, MDs using TIMS as a platform to promote their p.o.v and interventions (which are scientifically unproven), and to make claims that are not peer reviewed but only based on anecdotal evidence.

MS is a tricky disease. It is impossible to take any observation at any given point in time at face value. Every patient is at a different stage of the disease progression and there is no way to tell a remission from placebo or from natural symptomatic fluctuations. This is why anecdotal 'evidence' can be so misleading. The readers and members of this forum are a vulnerable group (including myself) who are eager to find a cure for their debilitating disease. This could be a fertile environment for MDs with a self interest (as we all have) who understand the power of social media to promote their services.

Please could you restore integrity to this forum by drawing a line in the sand and applying the same standards and norms we are all expected to adhere to to MDs too?

Thank you and king regards,

Asher

Return to “Site Support”