Deleted posts

If you're having any problems with the site, please post here and a site administrator will respond.
harishv

Deleted posts

Post by harishv »

Hi,
I am a new member (joined Nov 5th) to TIMS. I have posted my introduction and work twice over the last 2 days and on both occasions my posts have been deleted within 24 hours of posting. While the posts were successfully submitted, I am curious if there was any information against the etiquette of this site that I shouldn't have posted. I represent a start-up nutraceutical firm and am looking for members' inputs and thoughts towards finding better and safer solutions. Please advise. Thank you.

Regards
Harish
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Deleted posts

Post by jimmylegs »

here is the relevant rule of the forum, specifically no advertising re products from which an individual gains financially. http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... tml#p11742
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
harishv

Post by harishv »

Thanks for the information. I completely understand your concern and respect them. I have no product to sell currently and wouldn't be using this forum to do so in the future. I am a researcher and am working on a product for MS. I am looking to share some knowledge and get advise and inputs from various patient groups' experiences. There is no conflict of interest here. I am just being upfront in bringing it up instead of hiding behind a surrogate to directly promote a product. Hope I have allayed your concerns.

Cheers
Harry
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi, you're welcome. thank you for being forthcoming. i recommend including a disclaimer in any future posts, otherwise your messages may be flagged for follow up by a site moderator. any input, NHE?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I am not a board /forum administrator, butr simply a member, so the following is simply my point of view, not "the boards"
harishv wrote:I am looking to share some knowledge and get advise and inputs from various patient groups' experiences. There is no conflict of interest here.
Harry, if you are creating a new "product" then you will bound to withhold proprietary information on that product. Some of which may be gained from input from this board.
harishv wrote:I have no product to sell currently and wouldn't be using this forum to do so in the future.
By talking about it, and providing company links, you have inadvertently started your marketing already, and a presence in the Google search engine.

Return to “Site Support”