Neuromuscular Dentist and Myotronics unit

Discussion of chiropractic methods used to address multiple sclerosis symptoms.
civickiller
Family Elder

Neuromuscular Dentist and Myotronics unit

Post by civickiller »

A brief story on me, my lower jaw would forcefully shift when I yawned with my mouth open as wide as I could and my temporomandibol joint would crack every now and then

On 2/22/13 I went to see a neuromuscular dentist since this was the closes type of dentist in Hawaii to Dr. Amir. I was corresponding with the dentist before via email where I showed him this http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/hea ... 64060.html

The dentist told me that he uses a Myotronics unit to measure bite and jaw symmetry. When I went to see him, he first told me that tmj was in my future if I didnt correct my bite and that the cartilage in the joint was all worn out with it being very close to bone on bone. So his assistant puts a TENS unit on the joint I guess to relax the muscles then she puts the Myotronics piece on and he measures my bite with the unit. I was only instructed to open my mouth about 1", so im thinking shes not going to see anything since I wanted her to see my mouth shift.

The results were even at just 1" my jaw was already starting to misalign. On a graph ideally my bite should go like this \ top to bottom, left to right but my jaw was / bottom to top, left to right. He said I needed braces to correct my teeth since they were slanted in ward

To save on airfare he found an orthodontist on my island so I wouldnt have to fly so much and he will email all the specs to the orthodontist to make the brace or invisilign brace. Right now im just waiting to see the orthodontist. So now im wonder how close will this be to Dr Amir? i'll update this with my progress
civickiller
Family Elder

Re: Neuromuscular Dentist and Myotronics unit

Post by civickiller »

went and saw an orthodontist today and i need upper and lower braces which is going to cost me $5k, pretty expensive for a trail and error trying to get Dr Amir's results
EJC
Family Elder

Post by EJC »

Best of luck.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

yes, the best to you with this journey. appreciate you keeping us posted. does that money you are paying just pay for the brace or will it include adjustments if that is how this way of treating works?
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

it includes everything, all appointments, adjustments, office visit, even retainers after so it covers everything start to finish. Dentist est. ill need braces for 3 years

well i got the top braces on as my top teeth needs to be moved as my bottom teeth are rubbing on my front teeth, rubbing them thin.

My next appt is on the 22nd so about 3 weeks from now
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

well on 7/10 I finally got my full braces put on and im sad to say im not feeling any benefits

granted im not using Dr. Amir's protocol but i thought correct the jaw is correcting the jaw, all the same

maybe after my first few adjustments ill feel an improvement
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

Hi civickiller,

I am into my 8th week of treatment with a neuromuscular dentist to correct my bite. It sounds similar to yours. Contrary to what my hubby, kids, Mom and siblings think, I have a VERY small mouth. Haha Had to see one of my NUCCA chiros recently because of head and neck pain…..did you have to? My dentist said I might have to see them during my treatment for my bite. My bite has definitely changed. Have to phone the orthodontist that I was referred to tomorrow. Might take a couple of months to get in. I too hope these treatments are similar to Dr. Amir’s. Don't be disheartened........wait for a couple of adjustments.....we are all different.

Also, was talking to my neighbours recently. They have a friend dxed with Parkinsons. She was almost bed ridden and decided to try the dental route. This helped her tremendously. I don't know how long this took tho. Fingers xxxxxed for us too.

Take care.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

thanks Music, yes our situations sound similar. No i havent needed to see my NUCCA chiro yet but of course i havent had any adjustments yet, the only pain i have felt so far is from my teeth/gums
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

civickiller,

I know we are all different but just to clarify; did you have your bite corrected first with your dentist? It was during this treatment that I had the head and neck pain for a couple of days before the NUCCA adjustment. My appointment with the orthodontist is July 31st – YEAH! – had heard I might have to wait 2 or 3 months. I’m assuming (??) that I will have to wear an appliance first before braces. Who knows if what we are doing is right or wrong, what choice do we have but to try this……and have hope.

Just wondering…..should we move this discussion under “General Discussion” or “CCSVI”?

Take care.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

no, my dentist recommended an orthodontist and i went from there. i am on a different island than the NeuroMuscular Dentist so as to save me money on airfare, he found a local orthodontist. Now i dont know if the nmd couldve done it himself or if i needed to see an orthodontist, i have to ask next time i see the nmd which should be around january.

i went straight to braces then ill have to wear a retainer after 2 years of braces(est. times)

i dont think this has anything to do with ccsvi, it has more to do with the chiropractics than ccsvi. jaw alignment is more of a skeletal issue than a vein issue. a corrected jaw may lead to a corrected C1 which will restore CSF flow which i believe is at the heart of all of our symptoms
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

Because my jaws are small and the disks between them are out of alignment, Dr. Sims thinks I will probably need surgery to repaid them. That will be preceded and followed by braces.

He also says I need cranial sacral therapy (CST), and he has agreed that I should try that first. It is unlikely that CST will solve my problem completely, but it's a lot cheaper and non-surgical, so it won't hurt. Also, in my case, my jaws need to be further apart vertically and he has a special appliance for that. Using CST will help release and relax the jaw muscles so that, if braces and surgery are required, CST will have already helped release those muscles somewhat.
Last edited by Rosegirl on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

yes yes yes, finally. heres a small paragraph i wrote on my theory to a cure which agrees with your DDS

My take on a cure.
I have very bad lower back pain. Its a misalignment of your spine with your back muscles trying to pull the spine straight. Pain meds are just covering it up; you have to fix the cause and not just covering it up which WILL lead to bulging disc by just covering it up. Most likely is from a misaligned c1. As far as fixing the c1, bones which has led me to Dr Amir in Putney UK which he told me 2 things, 1.he has never seen an MS patient that didnt suffer from TMJ and 2. most of his patients c1 was also realigned with jaw realignment which I am trying now with braces. I also read "The Gateway to 10,000 Illnesses" by Robert Boyd DO which also said that realigning the cranial bones can lead to a correctly aligned c1. I havent even got to the part about a misaligned c1 can block CerebroSpinal Fluid or CSF. I can say from my personal experience that when my c1 was realigned by a UC Chiropractor, I felt almost MS free which has gone from weekly visits to visits every 2 weeks. I just order "Healing through Cranial Osteopathy" by Tajiander K. Deoora, so Ill get to read about cranialsacral manipulation more. I believe the cure is simply realigning the skeletal structure startiing with 1. the skull bones with a cranialsacral osteopath chiropractor. 2. dentist that uses a Myotronic, the neuromuscular dentist i saw used a myotronic K7 unit. 3. if needed a UC Chiropractora Upper Cervical Chiropractor can realign it but since the c1 is held in place by muscle and the muscle has relearned that crooked position which led me to look even higher at the cranial(step1) and jaw(step 2) and since can realign c1, a UC Chiro is probably not needed
Music
Family Elder

Post by Music »

Rosegirl,

Very interesting about Dr. Sims. Had to Google him as we can't get those videos here in Canada??? Sent his name and info on to my neuromuscular dentist and my orthodontist - seeing him again tomorrow.

Civickiller,

Wished we had known about the dental treatment way back when I had tried craniosacral - one probably needs the other. I didn't see any improvements. Unfortunately, there are VERY few osteopaths here. My orthodontist worked side by side with one when he was living/working in Eugene, Oregon. Quite beneficial he said.

Both of the above professionals think outside the box.....and both know Dr. David Williams well. All are in close proximity.

Keep sharing your updates/info!
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

i wish i had read about craniosacral before i got the brace because i found one close my mom in Sacramento or right out side sacramento

http://www.bio-cranial.com/home.html

ill hate it if i need braces again after the craniosacral
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

EJC,

Since I suspect that some readers of this thread also don't fit the classic pattern, I'll go into more detail that some might want to read.

First, my symptoms are not typical. My left leg usually doesn't work. That's it. Oh, there are a few other small glitches, but nothing worth doing anything about. I was diagnosed in 1989 and when I switched neurologists (because of insurance), from that point on, I never thought I had MS. Every test, MRI, etc., when whatever doctor would go over my results, they always seemed at least slightly puzzled. I always felt that some day, I would be told that I didn't have MS, just because I never seemed to fit some pattern. I didn't know if what I had would be worse, but it just never seemed right that they kept telling me I had MS.

I had my first CCSVI procedure at Georgetown University Hospital in DC thanks to the neurologist who was the head of MS studies. After the procedure, I had him look at the images and the report and asked him if I had MS. He said “No, you have a vascular problem.”.

So let's start with the premise that I DON'T HAVE MS. Of course, by insurance company standards, I have MS and therefore I am uninsurable to most companies. But since such a qualified doctor said I don’t have MS, treatment by doctors opens up a whole range of possibilities. Boy, is that a mixed blessing. If you take MS out of the mix, there are so many things that could be causing my problem. I've tried a variety of doctors with different specialties and each one of them has found -- and fixed -- problems. But I still can't walk.

So here's a quick (hah!) recap of the last three years.

CCSVI: The IRs who do CCSVI treatment found and treated blockages of 70-90 percent in both jugulars, the azygos, the renal and iliac veins. I had three CCSVI procedures, each time with big blockages opened (except for the first procedure when Dr. Doofus couldn't find a jugular and didn't look past the azygos). So IRs say I have CCSVI and I'm pretty much a non-responder. I didn't get worse, but my walking didn't improve. The only major improvement I got after the last CCSVI procedure was that suddenly I was happy again rather than frustrated and angry all the time. That improvement, thankfully, has lasted more than a year. I have no idea whether those veins are open or blocked these days, and it doesn't seem worth the time and money to find out.

Atlas Orthogonal (Chiropractic): Last October I tried the atlas orthogonist chiropractor who said that my atlas was out of alignment by 14 degrees and my C2 vertebra was twisted. After more than 8 months of treatment, things are usually staying where they belong, but again, no change. The one big improvement happened the day I started using the Aqualizer and the tissue method I talked about early in this thread. Again, the change in my walking was very short lived, but obviously, I still could do it! Now, how could I keep that going? That led to the dental experts.

Dental: So off to the neuro dentist (I'm not sure what title he uses for this kind of work) who says that my problem is probably due to the fact that the disks between my jaws are out of place and that impedes the trigeminal nerve which controls gait and balance. The MRI he ordered confirmed this. His solution was to try a removable dental appliance (NCVD) for four months. Then if that didn't work, either surgery to relocate the disks and then braces for a year or two or another four months to undo what the first four months did if I refused surgery. Oh, and maybe $40,000 out of pocket for the dental stuff, so this doesn't include all the tens of thousands of dollars already spent on other doctors.

Cranial Sacral Therapy: The AO chiropractor and the neuro dentist both said I also needed to see someone who does cranial sacral therapy (CST) to complement what they were doing. Sure enough, the CST doctor said everything was out of whack (cranial bones out of alignment, lumbar spine knotted up, etc.). Luckily, everyone agreed that there was no harm in trying CST for a few months before doing anything else. So that's where I am now, still looking for the reason that I have magic remissions of a few minutes at a time when everything works the way it's supposed to. No one knows why those remissions come or go.

All these doctors seem to think that problems like mine (ours?) are probably located between the top of the head and the collar bones. Also, the problem might be structural rather than primarily auto-immune. That means that they probably won’t need us to take expensive drugs that have the occasional fatal side effect. It might still be the wrong road, but I like it better than the one that my first neurologist had me on.

I’m like a well-stocked work workshop. Depending on which carpenter walks in, he might build a formal dining table, a guitar or a kid’s outdoor play set. Unfortunately, all I need is a wooden salad bowl.

Return to “Chiropractic Treatment”