Started David Wheldon Treatment today!!

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Started David Wheldon Treatment today!!

Post by ElliotB »

The Wheldon Protocol and the Coimbra vitamin protocol are quite different from each other and like all treatments/protocols for MS, work for some but not all. The Wheldon protocol uses high doses of antibiotics.

Google has many links available so you can get detailed info...
orphansparrow
Family Member

Post by orphansparrow »

I'd like to bump this up with my question from before. Has anyone else tried this, and for those on this thread earlier - any updates? I'm very curious about this for my husband who is currently on no treatment but the Wahls diet.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

https://tinyurl.com/5dyaw9 (CPn~Help) is the place to start. Leave out the 'lite' and that is where you will find most people. We aren't much liked hereabouts, for some reason! Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Let's try again, but without the live link!

CPn Help.etcetcetc
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Whoever's idea it was to make all the cpn links misfire, ought to grow up!
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi. This message is in response to Kittie and Orphansparrow:

I had my first MS symptom in 2000.
my second MS symptom was in 2007.
I was diagnosed with MS in 2011.
I used to have a lot of Pneumonia symptoms and lung infection prior to 2000.

I read the literature and did a blood test and found that my IgG levels for Chlamydia Pneumonae were high which shows I used to have the infection. My IgA levels were low meaning I no longer have Pneumonia. I was told by Dr. Stratton at Vanderbilt that if my IgG is above 1:64 I still have the bacteria in my system hiding and causing MS like symptoms even though my IgA levels are low. I didn't do a lumbar puncture which would have confirmed that I have the Chlamydia bacteria hiding in my system, based on Dr. Stratton's guidance, because my IgG was at least 64.

I started my antibiotic therapy in July of 2017. It has now been 7 months. One thing is for sure, I used to have an excellent and healthy digestive system and my gut bacteria did a great job. I have now ruined my healthy gut. That is a long term negative effect of the antibiotics which I will have to deal with after the therapy is over. The antibiotics also added layers and layers of fat to my stomach after about 4 months. I will have to deal with that as well.

The antibiotics I take are Azythromycin 250mg 3x/week, Minocycline100 mg 2x/day, Rifampin 300mg 2x/day, and Metronidazole 500mg 2x/day. These are based on Dr. Stratton's research and patented protocol to get rid of Chlamydia P. at Vanderbilt University in the US. Dr. Wheldon follows Dr. Stratton's protocol. However he is also a microbiologist and very knowledgeable in this field. Dr. Wheldon has a website which clarifies the Stratton research and protocol. He also has his own guide on extra supplements to take to support the liver while one takes the antibiotics.

Dr. Stratton used to start Metronidazole at the beginning of treatment with the other three, but now he suggests waiting at least 6 months to decrease the load of toxins that will be produced and therefore decrease the associated pain and symptoms. This antibiotic is the main one.

In terms of symptoms, I was guided to start it at low dose, otherwise it might be too painful during the die off of the bacteria.
week 1: Azythromycin for just one day a week
week 2: two days a week
week 3: three days a week.

Following this antibiotic, the pain I used to have in my sacroiliac joint disappeared for good.

Then I added Minocycline at 50 mg twice a day. several weeks later I increased to 100 mg twice a day.

Following this antibiotic, I did not see a difference.

Then I added Rifampin at half dose, and then increased to full dose.

The antibiotics caused nausea after a few months, but taking them with crackers helps.

By the end of 6 months, my gluten sensitivity which used to be extremely high improved by about 70%. It continues to improve.
By the end of 6 months, my brain fog was lifted.

I still have a lot of inflammation in my legs and my walking ability has gotten worst, which is to be expected. This is temporary. I will be starting the Metronidazole next week. I know that I will see improvements in several months.

In the end however, the demyelination of the nerves will take years to heal naturally. I plan to support the process with high grade Biotin 100mg 3x/day.

Good luck to both of you!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello Ella,

I'm glad that you seem to be doing so well. You are very sensible not to have started metronidazole yet. I waited three months before I started it and because of that, managed it quite easily. David Wheldon is my husband and he reckoned it was better to wait at least that time before starting the antibiotic which really does the killing. Some people like you, wait even longer.

One thing which worries me a bit about your schedule is the lack of probiotics. I took them every day, two hours apart from the antibiotics, and I never had any trouble with my digestive system at all, and certainly never put on layers of fat around my abdomen!

You are very wise to be starting to take biotin though: it really does work, although you will have to wait several months before you notice the changes. I started maybe a couple of years ago and now I am noticing much more strength in my limbs!

Sarah
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

My girlfriend went to Vanderbilt to start DrWeldons Protocol mix of antibiotics- she also inquired about suppressing her leg spasms- Dr. Sriram from Vanderbilt strayed from DR Weldons combination o f antibiotics instead using a Zithromyciin and Ryphampin along with the max dose of Baclofen- no improvement was seen after months of use- only missed periods of her mental cycle and then after going to Yale to be given additional relief from her spasms Cyclobenzaprine and she immediately completely lost the use of both legs! Dr Srirams office declined to answere any questions why he had given her the incorrect antibiotics- her neurologist used MRI scans and said her MS had a major Exasperation and and possible permant loss of use-
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello Truckerx, the Wheldon protocol is not quite the same as the Vanderbilt protocol, which is the original one. Dr Wheldon, who is my husband, uses doxycycline as the first antibiotic along with either azithromycin or roxithromycin, the metronidazole after a few months, in pulses of five days. Here is his website explaining the reason: http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

Dr Sratton of Vanderbilt is often willing to advise family doctors on treating MS with antibiotics, although he has too much teaching and research work to do himself: https://faculty.mc.vanderbilt.edu/Faculty/Details/26947

The reason why David uses doxycycline or minocycline the two bacteriostatic antibiotics is explained here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17382965

He now never uses rifampicin because it is far too vigorous and he has found it far more preferable to go slowly. This process worked for me and many other people. I have not now taken any antibiotics for ten years but have had no MS event and think of it now as a thing of the past, although I am by no means perfect: my right arm is still not as strong as my left one, but it enables me to work at my painting all day and I have no brain fog or fatigue. Spasms are things of the past.

If you look right at the bottom of this page from one of my two websites, you will find the address of another MS treatment site which will be able to give you much more information:
http://www.avenues-of-sight.com/Sarahlo ... age-1.html If you find difficulty joining it, private message me and I will alert the moderator. Sarah
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

Hi thanks so much for getting back to me, my girlfriend found Vandebuilt after I saw the news show on the internet’s article and she never checked her prescriptions to verify they were in fact the same as described in the newscast by Dr Wheldon we were given Rifampin and azithromicen plus the max amount for her body weight of Baclophen to calm her spasms,after approximately 4 months no improvement of any kind was seen she went to her neurologist at Yale and was given another sedative to help her spasms and lost use immediately the next of both her legs one doctor told her it was probably permanent and I had been for three years
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

I bought her an Apple IPhone so we could FaceTime while she was at a spinal injury care facility and was so heartbroken when I her her gut wrenching cry when she told me a doctor said it might be permanent her life has been pretty well destroyed and needs constant care by healthcare people to get through each day
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

There is more bad news but good news also I need the stop for now but thank you so much for your response it made my day!
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

Good news was I looked on the internet for answers to why everything had gone so wrong? Web MD became my primary source of cross referencing drug interaction warnings that might leads us to understand our situatio Immediatly I found that Rifampin and azithromycin had adverse effects on each other and got her off that and the cyclobeziphine the first week the effect was very pronounced and positive she quickly began to gain her strength and color
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

Goodnight
Truckerx
Getting to Know You...

Post by Truckerx »

I told my girlfriend about you reply and she was so happy thank you again! PS we have more good news tomorrow’