Bioness

Post internet shopping deals here, particularly for products useful for MS'ers. NO spamming allowed.
Carriefsu

Bioness

Post by Carriefsu »

If this Bioness device is supposed to be do good, why are so many people selling it? Can anyone tell me if it has been effective with brain injury spasticity in the arm/hand, foot drop due to brain injury?
LeesaPaul

Re: Bioness

Post by LeesaPaul »

It works for some people not everyone...My husband had the walk aide for foot drop and it has done wonders he is really good at walking because of it and only uses a can when he is tired...
The bioness hand machine didn't work as good for him, he is getting better and more flexibility and movement from his occupational therapist....That is why we are selling his hand machine but keeping the leg machine
Houstongirl

Post by Houstongirl »

Good question why there are so many for sale.... To tell you my story, we were thinking about getting the Bioness L300 for my mom. Before we bought one, luckily, my mom's therapist told us the Bioness study shows it isn't any different than an AFO. I am so glad she gave us the real story before we bought one! I posted this elsewhere on this forum, and got a rebuttal (I'm sure from bioness) arguing against what I said. they said showing its the same is proving "equivilence" to the "covered standard of care" to try and get insurance for it. I am HIGHLY doubtful insurance would cover something costing $6,000 for the Bioness which works the same as an AFO which costs a fraction of the price!! (oh, sorry, the big difference is people "preferred" it over an AFO, as if Medicare cares what we prefer anyway)

Frankly, this has left such a bad taste in my mouth, I don't trust anything from that company anymore because all they care about is selling these things. They get people excited about it and try to convince people (many on a fixed income) to spend $6,000 for something that doesn't seem based on the study as if its truly better. If its worth the money to you and you feel better with it, go for it. For us, it wasn't. I just really hope people get a more balanced view of what the bioness really is before making such an expensive decision.
r7111
Getting to Know You...

Post by r7111 »

Bioness

I feel everyone should be aware of what they are getting into by buying one. Mine does not work for me, might work for others but Bioness prevents you from selling it by not selling you the supplies that are necessary to use it and wont program a resold unit. This is from Bioness when I asked to sell mine;
“Unfortunately you cannot sell your L300 devices to another person. “They are a Class A medical device which require a medical prescription. For example, let’s say you had pain pills prescribed to you and when you were done with them, you had 10 left over pills. You can’t get on Craigslist nor eBay and sell your left over oxycodone…it’s illegal. Selling your L300s to other people is illegal in the exact same way. “(from Bioness)

This has been my experience and I just want others to be aware

Return to “Shopping”