Symptoms right after 1st HICY infusion?

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
NewHope
Family Member

Symptoms right after 1st HICY infusion?

Post by NewHope »

Hello,

I am currently undergoing HSCT (Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation) with Dr Burt in Chicago which also involves large doses of chimo - cyclophosphomide like revimunne. I had my first dose of chimo on Monday and was discharged to the local hotel afterwards.I have posted in the HSCT section of the forum but my concern was not addressed. And since my question is related to the chimo I decided to post here too.

My concern is that my MS has flared up somewhat after the first dose of chimo - stiffer, numbness in hands and right foot. I am told that it's just because my MS is very aggressive, that the chimo hadn't kicked in yet and that my increased symptoms are not related to that first dose of chimo last Monday because chimo doesn't do that. But it all started with that so I am worried how I will do when I get admitted to the hospital in 2 weeks for 4 more doses of chimo so they wipe out my immune system completely. Could chimo be increasing my symptoms or is that just the MS? I really hope it's the MS and not the chimo which is supposed to fight the MS!

Could you please share your experiences and/or opinions with me?

Thank you!

NewHope
plethora
Getting to Know You...

Re: Symptoms right after 1st HICY infusion?

Post by plethora »

Hi,

I don't have any experience with HSCT, but have read a bit about it. The expert seems to be George Goss, who did HSCT a few years ago and has a blog about his experience and about HSCT in general. It is pretty comprehensive. Hopefully you can find an answer there. Good luck and I hope it works for you!

http://themscure.blogspot.com/2010/06/s ... rence.html

Sam