Wondering if I should go to a doctor.

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Melroseh16

Wondering if I should go to a doctor.

Post by Melroseh16 »

Recently, 3 months ago, I was diagnosed with Optic neuritis. My MRI of the brain did not have any lesions on it. I also went through 3 days of IV steroid injects to prevent MS. The Optic Neuritis lasted longer than it should have. Now that the Optic Neuritis is 90% gone I am having some other strange symptoms.

3 weeks ago: I had a strange pain in my head. I sort of pressure and it went in and out. My body was shaking. And if it was shaking from the outside it felt like was shaking from the inside. I could do was sit in a chair and stair at a wall. My mind felt foggy. I was incredibly nauseous. This was for 3 days out of that week.

Now I am nauseous almost every day. I shake and a lot of times a I shake from the inside. (right now I am as im writing this). My skins gets tingles all over it. My face gets a random numbing to it, but it goes away. I have really bad constipation.

I used to walk 2-4 miles a day. Now I can barely do one. My legs dont want to move.

Everyday I go through seems like a day that never happened. I can never remember it.

I tell myself all these thing will go away. With my eye I waited to go to the doctor for 2 months.
Sometimes I think these things are all in my head.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wondering if I should go to a doctor.

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome to the forum :)

go to the doctor! ms or not, you should be getting the work done to nail down what is going on.

fyi you might do well to ask for a serum zinc test. if your level is low normal you'll match other ms patients. in order to match healthy controls you'd want your level to be high normal ie upper teens, ~18-19 umol/L

here's an example of depleted zinc levels (due to excessive tobacco use in this study but there are many ways to deplete zinc levels - tobacco is just one)

The relationship between serum trace element changes and visual function in heavy smokers
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 032.x/full
"Blood serum zinc (Zn) levels have been found to be [significantly] lower in patients with TTON (Tobacco-toxic optic neuropathy) than in normal subjects"
from table 1:
smokers 14.2 ± 1.8 ug/l
controls 16.1 ± 2.4 ug/l

controls are described as healthy, but the assessment of diet and lifestyle impacts on status of the nutrients under investigation are not fully unpacked via their survey
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/full#ss6

if this study was controlled for other major influences on zinc status such as wheat and phytate intake, the control averages would likely be higher.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Melroseh16

Post by Melroseh16 »

Hello today,

I recently had some blood work done.
The only thing that was a little odd was my lymph percent and lymphocyte absolute.
My doctor didnt seem worried but im going to have a CT scan on my brain.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

they won't have checked zinc, or if they did i'd be extremely surprised!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Melroseh16

Post by Melroseh16 »

NO they didnt check zinc.

Return to “Undiagnosed”