Walkaide experiences

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms
jimmy8n

Walkaide experiences

Post by jimmy8n »

I am a new member to the Forum. I am currently in my second week of testing a Walkaide and would like to hear from others about their experiences with the Walkaide and with Hanger. Has anyone had to have their Walkaide repaired? How did Hanger handle the repair? Has anyone had to have their Walkaide recalibrated at a Hanger Clinic OTHER than the Hanger Clinic at which it was originally purchased? Has anyone be charged for having their Walkaide serviced? Has anyone tried to take their Walkaide thru security at the airport, or any other electronic screening facility? Were you required to remove it.? Did the screening equipment in any way effect or change the Walkaide programming. Has any user separately insured their Walkaide for loss from damage and if so how? My homeowner's policy only offers very limited loss coverage which in most cases wouldn't apply.

I know this is a lot of questions and appreciate other Forum members indulging me with all my questions. Thank, Jim
Ldruce

Re: Walkaide experiences

Post by Ldruce »

Did no one answer you? My local Hanger clinic is fabulous. They have recalibrated, checked, replaced defective electrodes (yes, you get some) all at no charge. I haven't had to repair anything. I have flown several times with it and never had a problem. Since I use a wheelchair at the airport, I go through a special door and then get checked manually. They don't pay any attention to it.

How are you doing with it?