Troubles with eating.

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
jcoleman316
Getting to Know You...

Troubles with eating.

Post by jcoleman316 »

Hi all, I have a an issue that I'm not totally sure is related to Ms or not. I've always been a picky eater. I've never cared for certain foods like sharp cheeses for the taste or bell peppers because of the texture. Many other foods I just can't stand and it drives my wife crazy. I could even be eating something like steak or ice cream and it will be obviously good, but half way through it just turns and starts to make my stomach turn and I can't finish it. Since my MS diagnosis and symptoms it has even became worse. Does anyone else have weird issues like this? I'm in between ms therapies and not on steroids. Haven't had the flu or anything that can change my taste, other than quitting smoking a year and a half ago. Hopefully I'm not the only person with eating issues, so I can tell my wife I don't have an eating disorder!
James coleman, 35, Married to the best wife ever. Diagnosed Dec. 22, 2011. Rebif rx from January 2012, to March 2014. Starting Gilenya soon.
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: Troubles with eating.

Post by THX1138 »

jcoleman316 I admire your praising of your wife in your signature!

I have not had taste issues, but I do know that having not enough zinc is a cause of taste and smell problems- reduced taste and smell AND distorted taste/smell.
jimmylegs' MS Nutrition-summary pts 1st post, p.1 has info on zinc:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... c2489.html
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

I second THX's suggestion ;D hehe
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jcoleman316
Getting to Know You...

Post by jcoleman316 »

Thanks!
James coleman, 35, Married to the best wife ever. Diagnosed Dec. 22, 2011. Rebif rx from January 2012, to March 2014. Starting Gilenya soon.

Return to “Daily Life”