MS Bible Study Support Group

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

Hi
I'm am not religious but I value the people out there that do pray for me. My parents are religious and they attend an inter-faith prayer group who pray for people locally, they just use a first name and a short history. Each member of the group prays for 2 people, and they have a daily and weekly prayer list dependingn on your need.
I find it very comforting to know other people are so kind as to pray.
I also think a Bible Study group is a great idea if that's what you are into....
WW
tmcdaniel

Post by tmcdaniel »

As for God, His way is perfect;The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
-Psalm 18:30
JesusChangedMyLife

Tovaxin trial patient

Post by JesusChangedMyLife »

I posted this over in the Drug Pipeline section before realizing there were all of these different areas. So I am cutting and pasting my original message in this Mental & Spiritual Health section since I am a born again Christian and I will post it in the Tovaxin section also. Here it is...

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 36 yr old happily married male and was diagnosed with MS a few years ago. I tried doing every natural thing in the book for the first year and change but I just kept getting hammered by this rotten disease so I started taking Copaxone but was only able to tolerate it for about 3 months and then stopped. I've been searching the internet trying to find more information about this new drug (hopefully I get the real thing) Tovaxin that I should be receiving at the beginning of 2007. All I could find was Tim and his website and then I found this ThisIsMS.com website. I had my blood tested at the beginning of October and was told that my T-cells qualify for the study and then went back to give a bag of blood in Mid-October to be sent to Texas. I will do my best to update everyone on my progress once I start receiving Tovaxin, keeping in mind that I have a 67% chance of getting the drug and 33% chance of getting the placebo. I hope this drug works as well as my doctor says that it should because I agree with someone earlier who posted in this forum that said something like "I am interested in adding life to my time, I'm not interested in adding time to my life".
I also want to encourage everyone that comes to this site that currently has MS to pray and keep your attitude positive as much as possible and know that it really does help. I also want to encourage all of the friends and family members of people that have this cursed disease (I tell MS where it can go everday!) because you are all truly special people if you are gracious and merciful to those with MS. I pray for all of you with and close to MS.
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

I long ago stopped trying to argue with anyone out of their religious conviction - the best case I put for materialism and atheism was always countered by "But I have faith!" And I long ago stopped worrying about why Jesus never wanted me for a sunbeam!

I was wondering here though how you reconcile being "born again" and being "cursed". Tough one that! But I hope your prayers help you.

[Edit:: Sorry countered not counted! Rather changes the sense!]
Last edited by JFH on Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
I am what I am
JesusChangedMyLife

Response to JFH

Post by JesusChangedMyLife »

I never said that I am cursed. I said MS is cursed.

By the way, I have never given up on any atheist or materialist (I must say, that it's the first time I've ever known of someone admitting to be a materialist, except Madonna). You say that you have faith... who or what do you have faith in?
JFH
Family Elder

Re: Response to JFH

Post by JFH »

JesusChangedMyLife wrote:I never said that I am cursed. I said MS is cursed.
But you have MS :?
JesusChangedMyLife wrote:I must say, that it's the first time I've ever known of someone admitting to be a materialist ...
There are lots of us! :)
John
I am what I am
woolfy

Post by woolfy »

Hi all,

Perhaps another way of describing MS (or any other illness), is not as a curse, but as an attack. The difficult thing with faith in the Lord is 'why do bad things happen to faithfull people'

There are a few answers aroud.

Some say they are tests from God, cos what doent kill you only makes you stronger on faith. And it is written that God never gives you more than you can take.

Sometimes they are attacks from the devil, and can be cured through prayer and belief.
But
Sometimes God lets things happen to generate a greater good for you in the end. Experiance is Knowledge and knowledge is power.

And of course Faith for me is belief in something beyond what you can comprehend or prove, you just do.

AW
silverbirch
Family Elder

We choose our battle ....

Post by silverbirch »

I I was told the afterlife has many levels and to get to the next levels we need to return to earth and gain more knowledge to progress in the world of afterlife.

We are like a diamond with lots of edges each edge representing a life on this side.

Any how I was also told prior to us coming to this world we choose what we want to experience which in turn must put us on a higher level in the after life ......

Well now when I was told this I laughed out loud saying I must have been having a very positive time when I was choosing my battles for this life.

Silverbirch -

Incidentally Silver birch was spiritual Native American Indian ...
ljelome
Family Elder

Re: MS Bible Study Support Group

Post by ljelome »

Hi! my question is the same too, what have i done to deserve this present?lol...but i believe my God is good all the time and He never changes. And He doesn't want us to live in misery (john 10:10). Though i feel God seems to be unfair to me for letting me having this disease, but every person living on this world has his/her own problems, who doesn't?name one if you can.

My God is my strength, my healer, my everything. Is there anything that's called coincidence? No, i think God is a master planner, I couldn't type here if it wasn't for Him. When we look back later, we'll know that He plans what's best for us if we believe Him.

I learnt to have a grateful heart each day for every things He's given me, even the smallest things (the one i used to take for granted) like the air i could breathe, the food i could still eat normally, the house which i live in, the family that take care of me, the husband that always be in my side, the joy God puts in my heart through difficult times, the opportunity to find this forum and meet others who suffer just like me.

Every one of us plays a role within God's plan, i'm still searching mine, but i know i come to this world for a reason. Every thing we do, we say, we think, we write, all that have impact for ourselves and for others. What would you think the world become if you weren't born? Must be not the same.

Let's do our part and let Him does the rest. I know there's still no cure yet for MS, but nothing is impossible for Him. He knows everything. Why don't we ask Him? He'll sure show us the way to overcome this. Some pwMS has managed to overcome their MS with different ways (diet, exercise, alternative medications, EFT, CCSVI treatments, etc). He has many ways, even unthinkable ways to heal us.

I always pray before for God to heal me, but it never happens until now. Then instead asking God for His healing, i ask God to show me what to do with my condition. Then i find out about CCSVI, i do blogging, i find this forum. Maybe God is showing me and directing me in His way to overcome this disease of mine. I don't know for sure, coz it's not over yet.

I just like to participate in this forum, giving all the informations i know and all experiences i have and telling every body that there's still hope. (hebrews10:35)

Let's put our trust in the Lord and don't lose hope.

God loves you n bless you all,

Linda
Last edited by ljelome on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warm regards,
Linda

|For the joy of the Lord is your strength | A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones| God always leads us to where we need to be, not where we want to be|
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

I am glad that you have joined ThisIsMS, Linda. You have expressed many important ideas; I'm sure you will contribute much to this website in the future.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
ljelome
Family Elder

Post by ljelome »

Thank you lyndacarol :-)
We have a similar name...thank you for your words, it means alot to me.

I'll sure try to be a contributing member in this forum. But i don't know much coz i just only learnt about MS for this past 2 yrs, so please forgive me if my questions may sound silly. And also maybe i will be asking more than sharing what i know.

But i like to share what i experienced all this time and give hope for others who seem hopeless. Maybe u'll find me writing more in this section.

God bless u.

Warm regards,

Linda
Warm regards,
Linda

|For the joy of the Lord is your strength | A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones| God always leads us to where we need to be, not where we want to be|