RE A CANADIAN MS MAN WALKING AFTER USING BIOTIN FOR 3 WEEKSP

Biotin is an emerging therapy for the treatment of secondary progressive MS.
Anunymouse
Family Member

Re: RE A CANADIAN MS MAN WALKING AFTER USING BIOTIN FOR 3 WE

Post by Anunymouse »

DrGeoff wrote:
When you encapsulate your own, you would ONLY be using "100%" pure biotin (even though its not really 100.0%) So I do not see why you would even mention the fillers in any clacs.
This statement would not apply to anyone who did not know the difference between 100% pure and 1% pure.
OK, so I concede that "100%" pure is actually in excess of 99% pure - but if you buy direct from a reputable supplier, that is what you get.
And yes, I know that there are some Chinese suppliers that drop below 99%, but I choose not to buy from them.
There is another point, however. Most "consumer grade" micro scales are only accurate to within +/- 5 milligrams IN USE. To do better, you have to use them on an absolutely level, absolutely rigid surface.
So, if you are weighing nominal 100mg to put in a capsule, your errors may cancel out, or may sum to 15mg.
The nominal 300mg to put in a bottle of water will only be - at most - 5mg out.
I am tempted to get out my old ammunition reloading scales and go for 4.63 grains as an alternative.
Geoff
150mg = 2.3gr. Do that twice a day and you're set. I'm waiting on my mg digital scale to show up, my old one for an unrelated project only goes down in full grams. But, reloading equipment ftw :)

For everone else it looks like 1/16 a teaspoon is about right.