Moscow HSCT Treatment - Method of transferring US Dollars?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
SarahBlair

Moscow HSCT Treatment - Method of transferring US Dollars?

Post by SarahBlair »

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah Blair. I live in Australia and am on the Moscow waiting list.

I am wondering about the best way to take/transfer US Dollars to Moscow so that I can transfer the fees to the Pirogov without causing them or me any headaches.

And advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by SarahBlair on Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Moscow HSCT Treatment - Method of transferring US Dollar

Post by CureOrBust »

I also live in Australia. We have access to Lemtrada (ie Campath) under the PBS (ie Govt Subsidy for others info). If you haven't already, I would certainly look into this option first. They are also doing trials in Australia for HSCT, and are currently recruiting patients. Both these options would be considerably cheaper and would be performed here in Australia.

If you are not considered "optimal" for Lemtrada or the HSCT trials (I think there is actually more than one), then chances are the treatment in Russia will also not result with a fulfillment of your hopes.
SarahBlair

Post by SarahBlair »

I have chosen to take the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation solution.

Simple question: What is the best way to transfer US Dollars to Moscow.

I am intending to use a bank like HKCB but I would like to hear from anyone who has been to Moscow regarding the method they used to transfer the fees to the Pirogov Center.

Sarah Blair
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

SarahBlair wrote:I have chosen to take the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation solution.

Simple question: What is the best way to transfer US Dollars to Moscow.

I am intending to use a bank like HKCB but I would like to hear from anyone who has been to Moscow regarding the method they used to transfer the fees to the Pirogov Center.

Sarah Blair
No. Never been, or transferred money there.

The thing you might want to know is that in marrow transplants, even when you think you have killed off all the old immune system it can still give you trouble. They use radiation, Campath, and who knows what all. You think immunes are your problem, you want to get rid of them.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Sarah,
That was a bit harsh on old cure...if you want banking advice go ask a banker! Simples, as the Meerkat says.
Why
WilliamWallace

Post by WilliamWallace »

Sarah, are you are member of the Moscow HSCT facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/404629779644453/). I just did a quick search on their for "money transfer australia" and found a bunch of posts covering this.
SarahBlair

Post by SarahBlair »

whyRwehere wrote:Sarah,
That was a bit harsh on old cure...if you want banking advice go ask a banker! Simples, as the Meerkat says.
Why
I don't want banking advice. Nor would I ask a banker because, like big pharma, they only peddle their own wares.

I simply asked for anyone's experience in transferring Dollars to the Pirogov Center.

Sarah Blair
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Sarah,

Without influencing your decision one way or the other, call the department of foreign affairs and trade and ask their opinion of how to do this and whether the institution appears to be a legitimate operator. You are a long way from them so there can be a gap between reality and fact. You want to pay up front so you should check their bona fide reputation.

DFAT will have a file if there is an issue.

Regards
SarahBlair

Post by SarahBlair »

Scott1 wrote:Hi Sarah,

Without influencing your decision one way or the other, call the department of foreign affairs and trade and ask their opinion of how to do this and whether the institution appears to be a legitimate operator. You are a long way from them so there can be a gap between reality and fact. You want to pay up front so you should check their bona fide reputation.

DFAT will have a file if there is an issue.

Regards
Thanks for that. Some very kind advice indeed.

Sarah Blair
SarahBlair

Post by SarahBlair »

WilliamWallace wrote:Sarah, are you are member of the Moscow HSCT facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/404629779644453/). I just did a quick search on their for "money transfer australia" and found a bunch of posts covering this.
I have made several attempts to join another Moscow MS Facebook page with no luck. I will certainly try to join Russia HSCT for MS & Autoimmune Diseases.

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Sarah Blair