mobility store to try out different gizmos??

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
cas
Family Member

mobility store to try out different gizmos??

Post by cas »

Does anyone know of a store to try out different scooters or power chairs? I feel like the only way to see if I really like a scooter is to chance it and just buy it. I have one that is collecting dust and taking up valuable space in a closet despite reading tons of reviews.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: mobility store to try out different gizmos??

Post by lyndacarol »

cas wrote:Does anyone know of a store to try out different scooters or power chairs? I feel like the only way to see if I really like a scooter is to chance it and just buy it. I have one that is collecting dust and taking up valuable space in a closet despite reading tons of reviews.
It would seem logical to me that your doctor's office might know where you could try out this equipment, or maybe a call to a local hospital's physical therapy/rehab department might get you the information. Or… I would guess that a medical supply business might be happy to bring a scooter or power chair to you to try at your home (Of course, they would be hoping to make a sale, but you certainly wouldn't be obligated.). You might ask at your local National MS Society office – they might know.

Make a few phone calls and ask.