kidney crystals

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.
mspatient1980

kidney crystals

Post by mspatient1980 »

i follow the protocol about a year. Yesterday I did a Medical ultrasound. It showed that all my kidneys are full with sand (kidney crystals). it seems that i have a Kidney stone disease. I dont know the reason, is it connected to Coimbra protocol or not.

Please, give me any advice. Is it worth to follow the protocol having such a disease? Do you know any patient with the same problem, what to do in such a situation?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: kidney crystals

Post by jimmylegs »

there are no long term ultra high dose studies published that i know of. the highest quintile in this study is '1000 IU and up'.

Vitamin D Intake and the Risk of Incident Kidney Stones
http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347(16%2931070-9/abstract?cc=y=
"Vitamin D intake in typical amounts was not statistically associated with risk of kidney stone formation, although higher risk with higher doses than those studied here cannot be excluded."

i had adverse effects of vit d3 (not as bad as kidney stones though) from using 4000 IU per day long term (several years) with two short stints at 50K per day (for 10 days the first time and 8 days the second). my adverse effects were related to magnesium depletion.

edit: i just found this recently-published set of three case studies. to my recollection, this is the first time i've seen a high dose study lasting beyond 6 months' duration.
Results of daily oral dosing with up to 60,000 international units (iu) of vitamin D3 for 2 to 6 years in 3 adult males
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6016303569
"In this report, one subject took increasing daily doses of vitamin D3 for 6 years starting in April 2009: 6500 IU for 6 months; increasing to 10,000 IU for 13 months; 20,000 IU for 24 months; 40,000 IU for 12 months; 50,000 IU for 10 months, and 60,000 IU since October 2014. 25OHD blood levels were 28, 81, 204, 216, 225, 166, and 218 ng/ml. ... No one developed hypercalcemia or any adverse events. The major finding of this case series is prolonged daily dosing of vitamin D3 with doses of 10,000 to 60,000 IU was safely tolerated."
the other two in the study took less d3 per day, and over shorter total time periods.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

What was the reason for the ultrasound? What does your doctor say?
Lionel
Family Member

Post by Lionel »

Yes, would be great to know what does your doctor says about it?

I never heard about someone that had kidney stones because of Coimbra Protocol. However, it is very important to take care.

Each 4 months I check my kidneys. I drink 2 or 2.5 liters of water/day.
mrtmeo
Family Elder

Post by mrtmeo »

If you ever drank well water or water that has high total dissovled solids (tds) that will cause kidney stones.
Sulfa based antibiotics cause stones too.
If your kidneys are dumping alot of calcium this too can cause oxalate stones.
The best way to get rid of stones in the kidneys is the Dr Clark kidney cleanse, but you will want to do it for a full month.
My mom had oxalate stones and stones from sulfa based antibiotics and I only had her do a cleanse for 2 weeks.
a couple months after her cleanse, she dumped some tiny crystals in the bladder and got a bladder infection.

Dr Clark kidney cleanse
http://www.drclarkstore.com/dr-hulda-cl ... eanse.html
Mother was on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
Drs denied her dialysis and appropriate treatment for her MPA and forced her into hospice.
She is in heaven and free from pain.

Return to “Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol”