ISNVD 2017 in Italy

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

ISNVD 2017 in Italy

Post by Cece »

Here is the program pdf:

http://isnvd.org/sites/default/files/IS ... 2017_1.pdf
Sesssion 3 13.30 – 14.30 - Annette Funicello Presentations

Chairs: Paolo Zamboni – Carol Schumacher

1. J. Winny Yun: ‘Neurolymphatics and MS’
2. Helen Kavounidas: Update on Australian CCSVI’
3. Robert Zivadinov – Follow up of AFRF
4. Marcella Lagana: ‘Phase contrast MRI measurement of arterial-venous-CSF flow
rates’
5. Nicole Ziliotto: ‘Exome sequencing and transcriptomic analysis in jugular wall for
detection of CCSVI biomarkers in MS’
Session 7 11.10 - 12.50
Anatomical and hemodynamic changes of venous outflow: could stenting be the solution?
Chairs: Sal Sclafani, Ivo Petrov
1. Byung-Boong Lee: Occlusive truncular venous anomaly of the Thorax and Neck:
General Overview
2. Ziv Askal – Imaging of great vein?
3. Giaquinta Alessia: Assessment of venous stenosis: emerging role of intravascular
ultrasound.
4. S Raju: Indications and potential benefits of venous stenting in the treatment of
occlusive disease versus balloon angioplasty
5. Michael Dake: Clinical presentation and treatment of delayed venous outflow of the
thorax and neck
6. Paolo Zamboni o NCH: Modifications of intracranial pressure following decompression
of the internal jugular vein.
7. Pierfrancesco Veroux: Compliant venous scaffold for the treatment of impaired
venous outflow from the brain
8. Sal Sclafani: Left renal vein stenting is an effective method to improve spinal cord
blood flow
9. Kenny Liu: Intracranial venous stenting for Ehlers Danlos
What's that research from Dr. Dake? And from Dr. Sclafani, the work on left renal vein stenting, I hope that gets into the literature and is an influence on others. Dr. Zamboni is looking at the effect on intracranial pressure. You'd think the neurology community would care about intracranial pressure; that affects other diseases than just MS.
Session 8 12.50 - 14.35–Lunch sessionBridging
the gap between extracranial flow and Brain.
Chairs: M. Dake– Hector Ferral
1. Noam Alperin: ‘The brain/eye axis and CSF: Spaceflight-induced vision impairments
in astronauts’
2. Hector Ferral – ‘Statistical evaluation of the Amsterdam study’
3. Ivo Petrov – ‘Hypercapnia and hypoxaemia due to impaired venous blood draining
and significant improvement after endovascular treatment in patients with CCSVI’
4. Aldo Bruno/ Luigi Califano: 24-month follow-up of PTA in Meniere’s disease: the
surgeon and Vestibular assessment .
5. Alessia Giaquinta: ‘Clinical benefits after balloon angioplasty in patients with
impaired IJV flow’
6. Paolo Zamboni: ‘Brave Dreams trial’
The Brave Dreams trial! And I am very curious about the astronaut research as well although that is from Dr. Alperin so something different than what Zamboni was doing?
10.50 - 11.10 Keynote Speakers: Seshadri Raju
Compliance properties of the vein: a forgotten concept.
Ideal venous hemodynamics-oriented device for the treatment of obstructive venous disease
Compliance properties of the vein: a forgotten concept
That sounds interesting. I think the veins lose compliance with aging.
frodo
Family Elder

Re: ISNVD 2017 in Italy

Post by frodo »

Thank you for the info.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Dr. Owiesy will be there (again) this time too. Hopefully the rock stars of CCSVI will take a minute and listen to what he has to say. It would by far be in their best interests.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

CureIous wrote:Dr. Owiesy will be there (again) this time too. Hopefully the rock stars of CCSVI will take a minute and listen to what he has to say. It would by far be in their best interests.
I found this (maybe it was shared in your thread): https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ion_of_IJV

The poster presentation can be downloaded without any paywall. It's his poster from last year's ISNVD.
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Cece wrote:
CureIous wrote:Dr. Owiesy will be there (again) this time too. Hopefully the rock stars of CCSVI will take a minute and listen to what he has to say. It would by far be in their best interests.
I found this (maybe it was shared in your thread): https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ion_of_IJV

The poster presentation can be downloaded without any paywall. It's his poster from last year's ISNVD.
Thanks, I also have those files I believe in .pdf form, will have to check out. Been meaning to post, will get to it today. There are actually two posters, one for migraines which he is currently submitting to FDA, and of course the CCSVI poster.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Here is the upload in full color .pdf format which can be downloaded. I prefer that over the .doc but will link that too.

FULL COLOR
http://photos.imageevent.com/markandsuz ... 202016.pdf

WORD DOC http://photos.imageevent.com/markandsuz ... 1-206.docx
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

ISNVD 2017 Italy

Very exciting research on brain arteries going on.

Look at this paper. Clogged CCA leads to quicker progressing Alzeheimers.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21508532/
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

ISNVD is underway now!
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

53 % from Dutch registry reported significant improvements following CCSVI intervention 15% reported mild improvements.

Not sure if this old or new news.

The info on how posture affects brain blood flow and the poorly understood reasons for collapsing jugulars is very interesting. The subtle changes in CSF pressure and blood volume in the brain both sound obvious and then at times counter-intuitive
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Unbelievable. Now watching the team and researchers from Bulgaria I beleive.

They have conducted over 1000 angioplasty on neck veins and stents too I believe.

They thought it was interesting that folks on the operating table started reporting immediate symptom improvements. I would find that very interesting as well.

So they started researching. How can it happen.

Gas exchange in the brain. Oxygen getting in I beleive CO2 they said exchange also.

Their model for this is high altitude sickness. Symptoms that can be immediately helped by taking 02

MS patients may be suffering from chronic high altitude sickness.

So then these amazing doctors took the research a bit further.

Put post angeoplasy patients under an MRI. What did they see restored profusion in the Brain!

Please give Dr. Zamboni the Nobel now.

Next these amazing researchers looked into their poor demylenated mice.

They pumped them up with massive O2 and found it restored Mylen.

Thanks ISNVD
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Wow. Now talking from UK Leeds researchers I believe

3 years post PTA and MIDAS scores still maintain improvements.
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Now Dr Beggs showing PTA data improvements for folks.

He theorizes that pressure changes in the brain may lead to very subtle volume changes which could be related to the folks seeing improvements.

Looks like PTA helps a lot of folks with MS.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks, Rogan, this is a busy birthday weekend for me and I've not been able to follow along. I love what you are saying here. I had those immediate operating table improvements and it's surreal to experience as a patient. I love that the Bulgarian researchers are taking that seriously and researching into it, including mouse research. So much hope here for actionable treatment plans, starting with PTA, for so many MS patients.
Rogan
Family Elder

Post by Rogan »

Happy Birthday Cece

Cheers to another healthy year.

Rogan
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Thanks, Rogan, the same to you and all of us. :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”