Hello

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Zyklon
Family Elder

Re: Hello

Post by Zyklon »

What a read, thank you.

I suspect low oral intake for my low level as I have lost 7 kilograms body weigth. Still trying to balance my calories intake.

I guess cortisol messes up lots of things. Once I stop, balance will change. For now I do recovery, after 2 weeks it will be fine-tuning with professionals. I will have good values to start with.

Rebif update almost 2 hours with no side effects, 1.5 liters of water, taking 400mg Ibufen as told, bed resting after injection even I feel good.
Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
Pain! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
Pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from... Pain!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

fyi, thought this letter was interesting. you may already have seen but if not:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/natural-a ... ml#p247386
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Supplements can be very dangerous without blood serum level monitoring. I understand why daily recommended values are so low, just for safety.

Almost 4 hours after my first Rebif 44 full dose, 2 liters of water, bed resting, some walnuts, almonds and cranberries, no reaction. I left Rebif 2 hours at room temperature (+20) as my nurse recommended. I am very curious about tomorrow flu-like side effects and if it happens I'm ok with it ;)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

it's great that you seem to have such ready access to testing, with an excellent turnaround time on results. hope tomorrow goes well.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Zyklon wrote:During CIS I had 1 gram IV steroids daily (incredible healing) for 7 days. After that 64mg daily tablets, 8mg decrease every week. Walnut is for cholesterol reduction, omega 3. It is a nutrient bomb and easily available here. I eat cashews for magnesium and sometimes almonds.
CLINICALLY ISOLATED SYNDROME (CIS)
Vitamin D in clinically isolated syndrome: evidence for possible neural protection. (2016)
EM Mowry, D Pelletier, Z Gao, MD Howell, SS Zamvil, E Waubant
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26518224

CONCLUSIONS: Vitamin D status may impact neurodegeneration after CIS, although these results should be replicated in a second study. If confirmed in clinical trials, vitamin D supplementation may reduce long-term disability.

If I had clinically isolated syndrome with magnetic imaging diagnostic of multiple sclerosis, I would take vitamin D 10,000 IU daily: Yes
Multiple Sclerosis Journal, 2013
Jorge Correale
http://msj.sagepub.com/content/19/2/137.full.pdf
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

for an unlimited time period, without keeping tabs on d3 status and that of cofactors, not a chance.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

can't get into the full text for this yet.

at first glance, yay for longer duration actually to 18 months (although who knows how many subjects for each time pd, and at what associated dosages, until full text is available).
also at first glance, BOO for *still* failing to inquire re any d3 dose-response correlation to serum mag status.

Evaluation of vitamin D3 intakes up to 15,000 international units/day and serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations up to 300 nmol/L on calcium metabolism in a community setting
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1 ... 17.1300213
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

D3 was the best thing that made me feel better in early days. Energy, relaxed muscles, happiness. So much goodness to rule out placebo...

First Rebif 44 full dose without any problems. Today is no different than last 3 days. Still having temperature fluctuations. One strange thing I have discovered is whenever I eat my body temperature raises 0.3-0.4 Celsius. Bigger the portion or faster I eat, more increase. So temperature and fatigue maybe related to diet or blood sugar levels and not MS fatigue or Rebif side effect. Let's see if smaller portions and eating more frequent helps. Professional help next week.

I have changed my life so much in good ways and I am aware that some adaptation problems may happen. Keep up the good work my body ;)

I am glad I have joined your community. Plenty information and experiences. I live in a developing country, information can be limited sometimes and we don't like to share experiences much here. I am sorry for people who can't read English or without internet access. Thanks for your worldwide support.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

for me, the things i clearly *felt* were modified klenner protocol, after three days, when ataxia resolved. no vit d3 in that protocol, and too many different ingredients to pick one as the clear reason ataxia resolved. it did emphasize b vitamins and vit E, but there were many other things in there as well.

the only other thing i have ever felt for sure, reliably, was magnesium - after the pharmacist told me my 4000 IU per day d3 regimen was causing mag deficit. in that case, after 2 days i felt the mag kick in and stopped choking and feeling like i might die of asphyxia.

it did take a couple of years for d3 to make my magnesium status that bad, and besides the long term daily high d3 intake and relatively low mag intake, i had done two short d3 megadoses: once 50K iU per day for 10 days, then long after 50K IU per day for 8 days. my levels went up, (second time way more, to 108 ng/ml when i was only expecting 60 ng/ml - hello, cofactors!!) but i didn't 'feel' anything.

that said, i never got a good first test of my level before any supplements. first test i had done for d3, my serum 25(OH)d3 levels were about 30 ng/ml. i can imagine others feeling the effects of d3 if they started with lower levels in the first place.
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Massive discovery: High blood sugar, explains my after meal temp increase, fatigue, almost everything. Tests on monday.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

consider having them look at your serum zinc and serum copper on monday. the serum copper-zinc ratio can be especially informative. what were your blood sugar levels, iima? i'm interested in estimating what the possible effects of zinc could be like, given the below:
Effects of zinc supplementation on diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3407731/
... 12 studies comparing the effects of Zinc supplementation on fasting blood glucose in patients with type-2 diabetes.

The pooled mean difference in fasting blood glucose between Zinc supplemented and placebo groups was 18.13mg/dl (95%CI:33.85,2.41; p<0.05).

2-h post-prandial blood sugar also shows a similar distinct reduction in (34.87mg/dl [95%CI:75.44; 5.69]) the Zinc treated group.

The reduction in HbA1c was 0.54% (95%CI:0.86;0.21) in the Zinc treated group.

There were 8 studies comparing the effects of Zinc supplementation on lipid parameters in patients with type-2 diabetes.

The pooled mean difference for total cholesterol between Zinc supplemented and placebo groups was 32.37mg/dl (95%CI:57.39,7.35; p<0.05).

[LDL] cholesterol also showed a similar distinct reduction in the Zinc treated group
, the pooled mean difference from random effects analysis was 11.19 mg/dl (95%CI:21.14,1.25; p<0.05)...

This first comprehensive systematic review and meta-analysis on the effects of Zinc supplementation in patients with diabetes demonstrates that Zinc supplementation has beneficial effects on glycaemic control and promotes healthy lipid parameters.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Zyklon wrote:Calcium: 9,7 md/dL (Within limits but high. I stopped drinking lots of milk (staying away from dairy) after this, only calcium tablet)
Here are some thoughts to consider regarding calcium supplements. It's best to get calcium from food sources. Calcium supplements have been found to cause hypercalcification in the blood which leads to calcium plating out in your arteries and veins.
Here's a link to good food sources of calcium.

http://whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nu ... #foodchart
Zyklon
Family Elder

Post by Zyklon »

Zinc test takes some time, test lab does it only once a week. I will test copper, detailed thyroid, detailed sugar next week.

I stopped calcium supplement 3 days ago.

I have suspected ketosis yesterday as I almost do not eat any bread and realize that my diet is very very low carbohydrate. I ate an hamburger with low fat meat. After few minutes my vision blurred, muscle spasms, fatigue and body temperature increased to 37.7 from 37.2. I know my heat tolerance is not bad, I can walk for kilometers at 25 degrees Celsius. So symptoms were not neurological.

I bought a quick blood sugar level tester, did the test, blood sugar level was 240 mg/dL wow. I drank lots of water to get rid off sugar. 100 minutes later did the test again and result was 110 mg/dL. Almost all symptoms disappeared.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

healthy carbs are key :) note where whole grains and legumes sit on the anti-inflammatory pyramid http://bit.ly/2q3CYts

when consuming grain/legume foods, zinc demand can increase. recently, researchers have begun to call for more research, to better understand how different foods affect zinc absorption. yesterday i saw a note on the intake recommendations for iron, suggesting that vegetarians require 1.8 times intake of iron foods, to achieve equivalent iron available from heme sources. it reminded me that i've also recently seen 1.3 times daily mg intake recommended for zinc, when obtained from foods that include antinutrient components like phytates and gluten.

personally, whenever there is bread in my own dietary picture, i go for products made from sprouted flour, and more recently sourdough. i still cheat and get normal crust for the infrequent pizzas though! (almost time for pizza 3 of 2017 lol)
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Jimmylegs, that is certainly an interesting food pyramid.

I am curios, which carbs are 'healthy carbs' and why?

"Healthy sweets"? Is there really such a thing? (Dark chocolate contains some sugar while pure raw Cacao and Cocoa are both thought to be very healthy and a super-food.)

FWIW, there are some foods in his pyramid that are thought by many to cause inflammation.

Return to “Introductions”