New Here Pre Diagnosed

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
DR0624

New Here Pre Diagnosed

Post by DR0624 »

Hi. Aftrer 14 years of searching, I got a "Pre" diagnosis of MS. Symptoms started shortly after I had my daughter. Started with my thighs and went from there. Id have to say the last 1.5 to 2 years the symptoms have really ramped up. So last January I decided to really clamp down and put my foot down with doctors. For so long, doctors wrote me off. So, last week Thursday, I got the pre diagnosis. To start off with, last January I came down with ebv, mono. I asked for a Lyme test. Many years ago i had been bit by several. The western blot came out positive. I went for a second opinion, and the elisa test came out negative, 1 point below positive. They deicided to give me a CT. There was a 6mm lesion, tumor, on my pituitary gland. They said to start making plans for surgery with a neuro surgeon. Sent me for an MRI with and w/o contrast. The lesion/tumor didnt show on either MRI. But foci did. However, it was only in one part of my brain. Which would explain why I am having a vast majority of symptoms on the left side of my body. Also is what was throwing them off. So I was given the pre-diagnosis of MS. They said they will keep an eye on me with regular visits and imaging. I almost gave up. I told the doc when she came in, I dont know where to go from here. I feel we have reached the end of the road. There really isnt anything else to test for. Vit B12 and D are normal. My diabetes numbers are low. I take care of it with diet. Blood pressure is border line, but not high enough.
I am hoping to find great info here on how to not only help myself, but my husband and kids understand whats going on with me.
I am also hoping to better understand the term "Pre- Diagnosis".
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: New Here Pre Diagnosed

Post by jimmylegs »

hi there and welcome. if i may ask what were your specific d3 and b12 results? do you have numbers on file for serum magnesium? serum zinc? ferritin? copper? selenium? uric acid? great to hear you are interested in helping yourself and your family, and that you're used to managing health issues with diet :) sorry i can't help much re pre-dx info. my own push would be to go hard on health optimization and avoid dx at all costs!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.