PAIN

A forum to post questions, answers and discussion about general medications not specifically for multiple sclerosis, such as prednisone, painkillers, etc.
msmything
Family Elder

PAIN

Post by msmything »

I am in pretty much life-limiting pain. Not only do I dislike the pain, I very much dislike the solutions from the doctors. I am on 2 different types of narcotics,fentanyl and oxycodone. I have developed addictive behaviors, like making sure that I have my supplies in adequate quantities, etc. Boy do I hate this life!
I have asked the Doctor if there are any detox programs that will take me back down to a zero level, so that I won't need SO, So much! There are no such programs.

I do not like this life at all. Has anyone found any 'natural' solutions for MS pain?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle..
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Re: PAIN

Post by Anonymoose »

What kind of pain? I had burning hands, feet, and legs fairly often for about 7 years. Thiamine (about 300mg throughout day for first few weeks then 100-200mg/day as preventative/maintenance) made it go away, like Alieve makes a headache go away. It also helps with energy and it seems like my requirement goes up when I’m more physically active too. I also take mag, a multi, and b complex.

Even if thiamine works for you, you’ll still be craving pain meds. Are you in a marilegal state? That might be a healthier/more natural option than pharma potions.

‘Moose
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: PAIN

Post by NHE »

msmything wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:33 pm I am in pretty much life-limiting pain. Not only do I dislike the pain, I very much dislike the solutions from the doctors. I am on 2 different types of narcotics,fentanyl and oxycodone. I have developed addictive behaviors, like making sure that I have my supplies in adequate quantities, etc. Boy do I hate this life!
I have asked the Doctor if there are any detox programs that will take me back down to a zero level, so that I won't need SO, So much! There are no such programs.

I do not like this life at all. Has anyone found any 'natural' solutions for MS pain?
@msmything

You might want to look into palmitoylethanolamide and benfotiamine. Both are sold as supplements.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30744