The Misfortune of MS Drugs

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
vesta
Family Elder

The Misfortune of MS Drugs

Post by vesta »

THE MISFORTUNE OF MS DRUGS

We have a situation where drug research has restricted itself to
suppressing the immune system reaction. No effort is made to stop whatever causes the immune system to react in the first place. Every effort has been made to suppress and discredit the very plausible CCSVI theory. (It’s obstructed blood and CSF circulation, i.e. hypoxia !)

Marc Stecker, who writes the hugely popular Wheelchair Kamikaze blog, is enfuriated to realize that basic MS research is currently focused on managing the disease with DMDs (for instance) rather than curing it. MS diagnosis and treatment are big money sources for the Big Pharma/Neurology lobby.

FRODO of the ThisisMS website just posted the following. March 11, 2018
« Could be this the explanation of the relationship between CCSVI and MS?

This article points out that endogenous retroviruses that are normally latent reactivate under hypoxia (bad blood flow) conditions.

Investigation of Endogenous Retrovirus Sequences in the Neighborhood of Genes Up-regulated in a Neuroblastoma Model after Treatment with Hypoxia-Mimetic Cobalt Chloride

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5826361/

Human endogenous retroviruses (ERVs) have been found to be
associated with different diseases, e.g., multiple sclerosis (MS). Most human ERVs integrated in our genome are not competent to replicate and these sequences are presumably silent. 

However, transcription of human ERVs can be reactivated, e.g., by hypoxia. Interestingly, MS has been linked to hypoxia since decades. As some patterns of dsemyelination are similar to white matter ischemia, hypoxic damage is discussed. Therefore, we are interested in the association between hypoxia and ERVs. «
WAIT A MINUTE !

Before we get too excited about Endogenous Retroviruses (ERVs), allow me to point out that the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) – cause of Mononucleosis which has struck all MSers -also reactivates in a hypoxia situation. As early as my May 4, 2014 blog post I observed that poor blood flow due to CCSVI reactivates the Epstein Barr Virus and with it MS « attacks».  (See Blogs for May 4, 2014 « MS, Body Tension, Oxygen and EBV (Revised), May 23, 2014 « Vit D, Veins and EBV », Oct 12, 2016 « Oxygenate the Brain », Nov 29, 2017 « MS : Linking Hormones, Diet, Blood Flow, EBV, Myelin Sheath – 2.)

So what comes first, the Hypoxia or EBV or ERV ?

There appears to be a pathological need in Western Allopathic medicine to find a drug to « cure » MS. But what if Hypoxia is the main culprit for which there are myriad causes and subsequent « cures » and the « cures » aren’t drug related. So who gets the money ? (Well yes, MS patients often want an easy way out. Take a pill and the problem goes away. Who wants to change their diet and way of life ?)

Below find the 3 principal causes, potential cures, for MS hypoxia in the Central Nervous System.

(1) The Chiropractor Dr. Michael Flanagan believed that up to 25% of MS cases were caused by skeletal obstructions of blood and cerebro-spinal fluid circulation. Dr. Scott Rosa uses the FONAR upright cine MRI to see the obstructions. Specialty needed ? Usually Chiropractic or Osteopathy

(2) Dr. Zamboni’s CCSVI theory and treatment proposes using angioplasty to enlarge stenosed veins draining the brain/spine in order to free obstructed fluid circulation. Specialty ? Interventional Radiology

(3) Dr. Owiesy observed that when the smooth muscle
layers of the CNS veins constrict or go into spasm, they obstruct blood flow. This very critical observation helps correct and enlarge Dr. Zamboni’s CCSVI theory/treatment. It’s not always a problem INSIDE the vein but EXTERIOR to it. But it IS a venous blood circulation pathology.

a). Dr. Owiesy proposes administration of a mixture of dexamethasone/lidocaine/thiamine in the area around the Internal Jugular veins to relieve the spasms. (Well, yes these are drugs.)

b). I (and many others) propose a healthy non-inflammatory diet and supplements to prevent toxicity and overcome body tension which basically prevents the spasms and veinous constriction– in my opinion the best, non drug idea.

Currently Neurologists monopolize diagnosis and treatment of MS. They apparently completely ignore the Hypoxia phenomena. They use immune suppressing Disease Modifying Drugs (DMDs). Worse, they believe that early treatment of DMDs assures a better outcome to prevent « attacks ». They don’t consider the three hypoxia issues noted above. MSers get railroaded into treatment which may not be the best solution for them. Physical Therapists in France have told me that the drugs tend to suppress vital energies and that the MSer just gradually declines over time.

So I believe these drugs represent a great misfortune which unnecessarily compounds the MS misfortune. They give the illusion of treatment when in fact the true MS problem is not being addressed. The poor patient gets hooked on drugs before she considers anything else and then the inevitable decline sets in.

See George Ebers research. “Critical Review of outcomes used in MS clinical trials” which was posted on You Tube November 4, 2013 by the European Medicines Agency.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqY-_K1fYJY  

Previously published on my site MSCureEnigmas.net
https://www.mscureenigmas.net/

Best regards,

Vesta
Kinora
Getting to Know You...

Re: The Misfortune of MS Drugs

Post by Kinora »

We have the technology now for better blood flow. Personally, I am using and helping people use a new non-invasive bio-energy mat for blood flow for home use. It looks like a mat with a computer. There is a multi-faceted energetic wave that stimulates the micro-vessels and brings oxygen to the entire body while detoxing the cells.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"Every effort has been made to suppress and discredit the very plausible CCSVI theory."

This is true but when you consider that Dr. Zamboni himself, the originator of the CCSVI theory has himself discredited CCSVI, well maybe it is time to listen...

"No effort is made to stop whatever causes the immune system to react in the first place."

There is already quite a bit of info on this readily available but most choose to ignore it and just want a 'pill' solution.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

ElliotB wrote:"Every effort has been made to suppress and discredit the very plausible CCSVI theory."

This is true but when you consider that Dr. Zamboni himself, the originator of the CCSVI theory has himself discredited CCSVI, well maybe it is time to listen...
Unfortunately, Zamboni's study was poorly designed and statistically under powered. It likely did not provide a definitive answer.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... ml#p251715
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Kinora wrote:We have the technology now for better blood flow. Personally, I am using and helping people use a new non-invasive bio-energy mat for blood flow for home use. It looks like a mat with a computer. There is a multi-faceted energetic wave that stimulates the micro-vessels and brings oxygen to the entire body while detoxing the cells.

Greetings/ Sounds like a great idea. Since I began working on blood flow from the head and throughout the CNS, my health is much improved. Do you have a link to the bio-energy mat? What amazes me is that it doesn't take much to bring this improvement, just an awareness of where the problem resides and finding the personal solution. Thanks.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

NHE wrote:
ElliotB wrote:"Every effort has been made to suppress and discredit the very plausible CCSVI theory."

Unfortunately, Zamboni's study was poorly designed and statistically under powered. It likely did not provide a definitive answer.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... ml#p251715
I don't think Professor Zamboni felt the idea of CCSVI was discredited, perhaps his particular solution.

Anyway, unimpeded blood/CSF flow throughout the CNS is the key to treating MS pathology, but there are numerous reasons for fluid obstructions. Is the obstruction within the vein? Does an external factor obstruct fluid flow? Or does the vein go into a spasm under stress to block blood flow? Maybe magnetite obstructs blood flow. There is a tendency to propose a one and only solution to a problem with myriad origins and subsequent solutions. Those who take the bull by the horns and reflect on their own history are the most likely to find correct treatment. Also, beware anyone who want to monopolize treatment.

Best regards, Vesta
Kheuer
Getting to Know You...

Post by Kheuer »

Nicotinic acid in high doses