Newly diagnosed; looking for info on experiences with Tysabri

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
scottishwildcat

Newly diagnosed; looking for info on experiences with Tysabri

Post by scottishwildcat »

Hi all,
I'm 26 and was diagnosed with RRMS in August. I’d never experienced any medical issues and had never been to hospital before, however at the beginning of May I was admitted to the Neurological ward with extreme symptoms and remained there for a month before being discharged just in time for my birthday. At the time I was at risk of entering a coma, as well as being unable to walk, see or form cohesive thoughts (and I had absolutely no concept of time!) so I am eternally grateful for the amazing NHS staff and what they’ve done for me. I was given a round of plasma exchanges along with corticosteroids and over the next few weeks was back on my feet; seeing, walking, talking and understanding. At first, my Neurologist was considering either MS or ADEM, given the acute onset and the symptoms I had presented with. In July I was given a second MRI which showed two smaller, new lesions, so in August I was given a confirmed diagnosis of RRMS.

I’m due to start treatment with Tysabri in the next 2 to 6 weeks so I was hoping to gain some knowledge of what I should expect, with regards to how I’m likely to feel and how likely it is that I’ll be able to continue my day to day activities. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Newly diagnosed; looking for info on experiences with Tysabri

Post by jimmylegs »

hi and welcome :) i have no xp w ms drug treatments but can recommend the tysabri specific treatment forum in case you don't get the response you're after out here in general. hope everything goes well overall.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
scottishwildcat

Re: Newly diagnosed; looking for info on experiences with Tysabri

Post by scottishwildcat »

Hi :)
Thanks! didn't realise there was a forum specific to Tysabri!