New commercial

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
robbie
Family Elder

New commercial

Post by robbie »

One of the first commercials I've seen for an ms drug, it gives a true depiction of ms like it's no big deal, everyone smiling, walking having a good time not a single wheelchair. Toataly manageable excellent, if I was a person with money that wanted to donate to the cure and saw this add I'd say why their doing just fine. Why can't they show ms for what it is, this drug is also approved for PPMS that must of been the lady walking with the cane give me a break.

Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: New commercial

Post by NHE »

The efficacy of Ocrevus in PPMS appears to be limited. The data plots below comparing disability progression in control vs. Ocrevus in PPMS are nearly parallel.

NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Moreover, I fail to see how they derived a 24% relative reduction in disability progression.
NHE wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:35 pm A similar analysis of the Ocrevus data plot yields...

Relative risk: (46.71-38.86)/46.71 = 16.8%

I don't see how they get the claimed 24% ???
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

The bottom line is that many people who were doing poorly are actually doing significantly better on Ocrevus. I follow a Facebook Ocrevus group and while some don't report any changes, many do report significant improvement. The results are actually quite impressive! I have not seen these kind of results from other MS drugs.

Return to “General Discussion”