Article on CCSVI in Veins and Lymphatics 2020; Volume 9:9053

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ThisIsMA
Family Elder

Article on CCSVI in Veins and Lymphatics 2020; Volume 9:9053

Post by ThisIsMA »

Here is a link to a new article in Veins and Lymphatics 2020; Volume 9:9053. If someone else has already posted this, my apologies. I couldn't find any reference to it in my brief search of ThisIsMS CCSVI posts from this year. It discusses a re-analysis of the Brave Dreams trial, finding improved outcomes in the subset of people where flow was successfully restored. Plus it discusses the results of a second small study in 2020 that was also hopeful.

Its a long article and my oxygen-deprived / fatigued brain is not up to the task of commenting on it in detail, but others here in better shape that me might want to review it. It seems like the basic message is that CCSVI is a treatment that still deserves further scientific study.
Chronic cerebrospinal venousinsufficiency, ten years after. New headlights on a venous disease that enriched the vascular world
https://www.pagepressjournals.org/index ... /9053/8779
DX 6-09 RRMS, now SPMS
AMcG
Family Elder

Re: Article on CCSVI in Veins and Lymphatics 2020; Volume 9:9053

Post by AMcG »

Glad to see these studies. It was said at the time Brave Dreams reported that there was no control for venoplasty that failed to re-stablish flow. And when that was taken into account retrospectively there was a clear improvement for those where it was successful. Not what the Pharma's wanted to hear of course. I still expect CCSVI to be eventually vindicated but it will be a long pull. Probably not in my lifetime. But hey Trump just got dumped so there is still hope.