Thoughts on MRI

This is the place to ask questions if you have symptoms that suggest MS, but aren't yet diagnosed.
Boudica

Thoughts on MRI

Post by Boudica »

Hello,

I know that you guys aren't doctors, but I figured you all have more experience with MRI reports than I do. So, I was hoping that you guys could tell me if the lesions mentioned on on MRI#1 *could* be the same as MRI#2?

#1: There are multiple T2 flair hyperintense white matter lesions. Approximately 5 lesions extend along the callosal marginal fibers with a thin area of subcallosal T2 flair signal in the anterior corpus region. There are approximately 4-5 deeper white matter lesions with a small subtle right frontal subcortical white matter lesion in the cortical U fiber with a thin area of of left frontal cortical U fiber hyperintensity. None of the lesions enhance.

#2: Abnormal signal intensity in the periventricular region is seen bilaterally. Small lesions in the corpus callosum can be seen. MS related abnormality suggested. There is no previous to compare. There is no enhancing abnormality.

*There was a previous to compare but as I mentioned in a previous post, the neuro said they could not read the disc. So, he read the report and said the lesions on MRI#2 were probably the same ones as mentioned in the report for MRI#1.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Thoughts on MRI

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,
In MRI#1 they refer to the callosal marginal fibers and the anterior corpus region.
In MRI#2 they refer to the corpus callosum.
I would assume they are referring to the same region. They might turn out to be the same lesions but some lesions can seem to come and go. I'd think about the region rather than the lesions themselves.
The corpus callosum is a large bundle that contains the connections between the neurons between the left and right hemispheres. I wouldn't like to even guess what the consequence of lesions described as small or subtle means. Your brain is plastic and will find other pathways around those lesions. They are not on any motor pathways by the sound of it, which is a good thing.
Regards,