Hello ,new here

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Pixiedust

Hello ,new here

Post by Pixiedust »

Hi, I'm a 49 yr old female house wife that for 15 yrs was being treated for ms .My neurologist passed away and I got a referral for new neurologist but he only lasted a yr and I had a relapse he quit practicing . Then I got a new neurologist who was a nightmare .She told me that its all in my head that I was scammed for 20 yrs that I didn't need a cane I have dropped foot. My last relapse untreated that made my walking more difficult and effected my speech no strokes.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Hello ,new here

Post by ElliotB »

Wow, truly a nightmare! Sorry you are having such problems with your doctors. Hopefully you can find a good one. Good luck, be patient.

Are you taking any kind of medication?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hello ,new here

Post by NHE »

Pixiedust wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:59 amThen I got a new neurologist who was a nightmare. She told me that its all in my head that I was scammed for 20 yrs that I didn't need a cane I have dropped foot.
Well, most of the central nervous system is in our heads so at least she got that part right. Seriously though, get a new neurologist. Perhaps you could ask about other people’s experiences at a local support meeting. Contact the local chapters of the MSAA or the NMSS for resources in your area.

Return to “Introductions”