Mobility Scooter or Electric Wheelchair

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MobileGranny

Mobility Scooter or Electric Wheelchair

Post by MobileGranny »

Was hoping others on the fourm could provide some advice. Posting on behalf of my mom who's travel scooter is sputtering and on its last legs. Does anyone know the difference between a motorized scooter and power wheelchair? Which one would be easier for an elderly lady with MS and limited mobility? Better to travel with? We take her out quite a bit to visit family etc and I want her to be as comfortable as she can. Am currently looking at 2 Zipr chairs. Mobility Scooter
Power Wheelchair
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mobility Scooter or Electric Wheelchair

Post by NHE »

If you you have the funds available, then you might want to look at a folding chair like one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Elec ... 08PDQ2GGX/
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I have a 3 wheel scooter similar to the one you linked to. It works well on pavement but is tippy on the lawn. I think all 3 wheel scooters have that problem. I flipped mine twice.

I haven't tried a power wheelchair but it looks like they are considerably more expensive.
Quest56
Family Elder

Post by Quest56 »

I love my 4-wheel scooter BuzzAround Ex, extremely useful for walking the dog, and it's good on the street.

I tried using my electric wheelchair to walk the dog, but it isn't good on uneven pavement.