Broccoli sprouts a natural alternative to fumarates and/or intermittent fasting?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Broccoli sprouts a natural alternative to fumarates and/or intermittent fasting?

Post by Anonymoose »

I ran into an article on my market news app (CNBC) of all places that listed broccoli sprouts as a food to ingest for immune health. It further explained the sprouts contained 10-100x the amount of sulphoraphane found in mature broccoli. Sulphoraphane is a nrf2 activator. There are some findings that indicate dimethyl and clemastine fumarates and intermittent fasting may induce remyelination via nrf2 activation. Both the fumarates have obvious difficult and/or harmful side effects and intermittent fasting is too difficult for some (ME!). Maybe tossing a couple handfuls of broccoli sprouts on our salad is the easier, healthier way to exploit the nrf2 pathway to healing.

Sorry no links to sources…most is “knowledge” accumulated over the years and I can’t figure out how to link to fluffy article in my app or quickly find it online.

Oo. Also sulphoraphane also available in supplement form.

Be well,
‘Moose
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Broccoli sprouts a natural alternative to fumarates and/or intermittent fasting?

Post by NHE »

Here’s a topic from a while back which discussed sprouts.

viewtopic.php?t=30867

It’s easy to grow your own. Don’t miss the video interviews of Richard Miller. He’s made a remarkable recovery from chronic health problems by consuming sprouts.

viewtopic.php?p=257206#p257206