PPMS CSF IgG causes demyelination

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

PPMS CSF IgG causes demyelination

Post by NHE »

Cerebrospinal fluid immunoglobulins in primary progressive multiple sclerosis are pathogenicBrain. 2023 Feb 3;awad031.

Multiple sclerosis is clinically characterized by relapses and remissions (relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis) that over time may evolve to a progressive course (secondary progressive multiple sclerosis) or as having a progressive course from disease onset (primary progressive multiple sclerosis). At present, it is not definitively known whether these clinical entities constitute a single pathological disease or whether these manifestations represent two distinct disease entities sharing inflammatory demyelination as a pathological feature. Here we show using a novel mouse model that CSF of primary progressive multiple sclerosis patients is unique in its capacity to induce motor disability and spinal cord pathology including demyelination, impaired remyelination, reactive astrogliosis, and axonal damage. Notably, removal of immunoglobulin G from primary progressive multiple sclerosis CSF via filtration or immunodepletion attenuates its pathogenic capacity. Furthermore, injection of recombinant antibodies derived from primary progressive multiple sclerosis CSF recapitulates the pathology. Our findings suggest that the clinical and pathological features of primary progressive multiple sclerosis are antibody-mediated and pathogenically distinct from relapsing-remitting and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Our study has potentially important implications for the development of specific therapies for patients with primary progressive multiple sclerosis.

Free full text.
vesta
Family Elder

Re: PPMS CSF IgG causes demyelination

Post by vesta »

This article tends to confirm my idea that something in the CSF injures the CNS as the origin of PPMS. Following find quotes from blog post Aug 14, 2022 of my site mscureenigmas.net,

"Since then scientific research has revealed that disruption of ANY fluid bathing the central nervous system (blood, cerebro-spinal, lymphatic, glymphatic) can cause “MS” symptoms by damaging the Central Nervous System (CNS)...
The COVID 19 lockdown in 2020 interrupted the treatments leaving my body structure "twisted" such that the blood/cerebriospinal fluids circulate poorly to cause a rapid Progression. At least that is how I understand the ground I have lost over the past 2 years. If I could get a FONAR MRI to see how fast the CNS fluids circulate and if, where there are blockages, I might be able to find a therapist and solution. However in France there are no FONAR MRIs (5 in Germany, 2 in England, 1 in Switzerland - there are over 150 in the USA where Chiropractors enjoy an important status.) Since I now live in a small French village, my options are limited.

I now think the early fluid circulation issues most characterise RRMS. Progression concerns more structural pathologies. And yes there must be an infectious agent which eats away at the CNS. So within those limits I'll try to minimize my own MS Progression."

So it's the IgG in the CSF which may cause demyelination? (rather than an infectious agent.)????

Best regards, Vesta

Previously published on my site hhtp//:mscureenigmas.net