New Member....

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Lucy

New Member....

Post by Lucy »

Hi, I'm a new member. I'm from Michigan and was dx in about 1992 but had my first flare up ( big time one ) in 1982. The Neurologist thought it might have been Lou Gehrig's Disease. I took a vacation for 3 weeks - they thought I was a bit crazy for the feelings I described. Well, until age of 42 I had nothing wrong at all. Then I went blind in one eye....and...here I am. In 1999 I started to feel a bit of weakness in right leg and I've worked with it since. I have a mild/moderate case. Fatigue and muscle weakness in right side is major thing and I REALLY have to pace my activities or I will get sick. Had to learn not to volunteer all my time. I did make myself sick by doing too much work in the Animal Welfare/Rights/ Animal Cruelty cases...day in and day out. Hey, helping Animals is in my blood. I can't do any of that anymore. I would be in hospital after 1 day.
I take Copaxone, Symmetral, (sp) Wellbutrin 1x day and Allergy medicine.
Sure would be nice to try the LDN. Talked to my friend who is a Pharmacist today. He explained some of it to me. Interesting. Didn't know it was being used for MS. It is an old drug used to help drug abusers.
So glad I found this site. I love it. I can speak about things I know those with mystery illness will understand. Feeling blessed at this stage of the game.
That's about it..oh...I'm just turning 50.
Best of all to all of us.....SSF.
SSF.
mscaregiver
Volunteer Moderator

Post by mscaregiver »

Hi Lucy and welcome to ThisIsMs , hope you enjoy the community and find useful information and get to know the great people here.

Take care, Philip
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Hi Lucy, :D

Welcome to the group. I'm trying to tie 'Lucy' in somehow with SSF, but perhaps I'm just ignorant, or just plain nosey! :wink:

You have so much information available here, I'm sure we'll hear from you again very shortly.

All the best,
Chris P :mrgreen:

Return to “Introductions”