Anyone watching OPXA stock?

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Anyone watching OPXA stock?

Post by NHE »

akaheather wrote:Tovaxin stock has been hovering at or around 5 bucks a share. Just before Tysabri tanked, it was a little over 60 bucks a share.
I don't think Opexa/Pharmafrontiers' stock was ever that high. There have been two reverse splits in the stock. One was a 1:50 split and a more recent one was 1:10. As an example, that meant that if you held 50 shares then after the first split you would have just one. The result of a reverse split on the apparent historical stock price is to amplify it such that it appears much higher than it actually was. The combined effect of the two reverse splits would amplify the apparent historical price by a factor of 500 (take a look at the stock data from 2000). In contrast, the effect of a regular split, e.g., 2:1, is to cut the price in half.

NHE
akaheather
Family Elder

Post by akaheather »

Tovaxin stock has been hovering at or around 5 bucks a share. Just before Tysabri tanked, it was a little over 60 bucks a share.
Let me try that again .

Just before Tysabri tanked(in March of 2005), it (Tysabri's stock) was a little over 60 bucks a share.

Please forgive me if my original statement was confusing. I was trying to make a comparison between Tysabri and Tovaxin stocks in order to indicate what tovaxiJn might be capable of.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Anyone watching OPXA stock?

Post by NHE »

akaheather wrote:Please forgive me if my original statement was confusing. I was trying to make a comparison between Tysabri and Tovaxin stocks in order to indicate what tovaxin might be capable of.
OK, thanks for the clarification. Yes, Biogen's stock dropped like a meteor but it's now back up to $56.60 from its mid 2005 low of about $34. Should Tovaxin prove successful, I also expect that Opexa's share price will go up. Indeed, if Tovaxin maintains the 90% reduction in relapses that was seen in the earlier study, then Biogen and the other crab manufacturers might have something to worry about.

NHE
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Well more good news for the OPXA stock yesterday!!
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

I bought a lot of OPXA

Post by notasperfectasyou »

I've owned it since it was PharmaFrontiers and I got 1 for 10'ed. You can't compare this company or stock with Tysabri. Biogen is a huge gigantic company and MS is only a small part of what they do. Buying Biogen for the Tysabri is like buying a house for it's refrigerator.

On the flip side, OPXA is so small that it's value will move dramatically with anything that involves MS. It's also very low capitalization, meaning - some very interested investor or large pharma could buy the company and exploit Tovaxin. I'd think Biogen, Teva or one of that crowd would be watching to see if Tovaxin is real. It could take a while though.

napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.