My story

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Aggie03
Family Member

My story

Post by Aggie03 »

Howdy,
I haven't really posted much about myself or what has happened with my Tovaxin trial, so I think this might be therapeutic for me now. Sorry if this gets long winded.

I was dx February 2007, my symptoms started mid Dec. 06, a few days after my son was born. I woke up to 20 inches of snow and numbness in both ring finger and pinkies bilaterally. In the next week, the numbness spread throughout both hands, up the backs of my arms and across my chest.

After several doctors visits and hating the first neurologist that dx me, left me a message on my work phone that I had MS, thats another story. My mom found out about the Tovaxin study through a friend of a friend in Texas, I was pointed to the Colorado Springs site and got into the study.

Since the numbness went away about three months after it started and I was in the study, I have had only a few flare ups that went away within a month of starting. And as you all know with being in this kind of study it was in the back of my mind if I was getting the real stuff or not. I am feeling pretty normal as of late and not really having any issues to speak of, so I am looking forward to hearing if I was or not, and if I am still producing MRTCs.

We recently moved back to Texas and I covered the change of sites in another post. I was worried about the heat and humidity, but it I haven't had any problems yet. Sometimes I am in denial that I even have MS as this point.

I do have a problem sometimes when I get on the forums about not getting down seeing what other people are going through and wondering if things are going to change for me. That is why I haven't chimed in that much on here.

Ok, that is enough rambling. This is some of the things that have been on my mind, I hope y'all don't mind be getting this off my chest.

Thanks,
Brad
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: My story

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Brad,
Thanks for the post, glad you're doing well. The staff in Co. Springs was happy I had been "chatting" with you and send their best. I think they miss you.
P.S. You lived in Colorado for awhile but you still have the y'all....?? You know we have a pact here not to speak poorly of Texan's, (in front of them) it's where we make all our money.

Take Good Care,
Lars
Aggie03
Family Member

Post by Aggie03 »

You can take the boy outta Texas, but you can't take the Texas outta the boy!

Y'all take care!

Brad

PS: My last visit for this phase II is Tuesday. Still trying to figure out when I'm going back to CO for the last MRI........
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Brad,
Let me know when you do, maybe our paths will cross in the Springs.
Lars
Aggie03
Family Member

Post by Aggie03 »

Lars,
I'll be flying to CO the 10th for a MRI scheduled on the 11th. I just have to go for the MRI, but I will stop by and say hi to the CS site.
Let me know if you will be in town.

Brad
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Brad,
I just got back. Last of the 11b visits/1st of the extension. I won't make another trip that way until my Procurement in Denver. I hope all works out well for you and welcome back to Colorado, however briefly.
Take Care,
Lars